Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WorldWind project shut down, this site probably will be too.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorldWind project shut down, this site probably will be too.

Hello all,

With the recent announcement that the NASA World Wind project has been shut down (https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/news/...ension-notice/) there is really very little reason to continue running this forum, and as NASA staff were providing most of the moderation and responses it will likely fill up with spam shortly.

Unless something changes in the near future, I will be shutting down worldwindcentral.com as well as this forum, as it is no longer useful. Most of the data on WWC is referencing the legacy C# version of World Wind anyway.

Thanks,
    Matt.

Thanks for the information. Any chance that cache packs for the tile/elevation data can be made available so groups can build their own server instances to host the data?

Comment

Originally posted by graspinggrasper View Post
      Any chance that cache packs for the tile/elevation data can be made available so groups can build their own server instances to host the data?
      I don't have it, you could ask NASA (probably not worth the effort, although they may still be around the forums and chime in) for a copy, you could spider their existing servers (probably too slow), or you can find the existing data and reprocess/host it yourself. I haven't used NWW for ~10 years or so, but back when I did all the available data sources were built from publicly accessible sources (Landsat, SRTM, etc).

As a side note, for commercial users I do have a (unrelated to NWW) business building specialty CDN services like this, and I'd be happy to help. For professional services you can contact sales@diffuse.network

Comment

Will the license remain as is, or will you move to something like apache before cutting loose?
      Working...
      X