World Wind 1.4 beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest_Jim_*
    I don't know how to do that, I just use the Zip2exe function that comes with NSIS. I'd like to learn how to but every attempt of mine to learn from the example files has failed.
    I think anyone capable of handling both versions installed simultaneously will be able to figure out that they have to specify the correct of the two possible install paths when they get an add-on.

Comment

Competency??

Withak: I wouldn't be too confident about people managing the paths OK. I have enough hiccups juggling 1.3.4 (no blur islands ), 1.3.5 (still blurry to me , but I may have axed the auto-updating accidentally by enabling offline usage - renamed the startup xml's as necessary), and 1.4 (brilliant so far apart from stray 'birds' in the sky when zoomed in to 30 000 ft or so).

Second point: how's the beta cycle for 1.4? I have a fairly serious 1 hour lecture / presentation to Western Australian secondary science teachers coming up in about a week and need to stabilise on which version I show off.

Comment

I think probably 1.4 may be stuck on RC1 until someone who can fix the various Directx bugs comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by withak
          I think probably 1.4 may be stuck on RC1 until someone who can fix the various Directx bugs comes along.
          Various Direct X bugs??? Serious? Haven't hit them yet.

Comment

Not Directx bugs I guess. I meant the various rendering bugs that are too complicated for someone like me to fix.

http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki...st_For_Release

Comment

DirectX Bugs

Yes, I've had some DX bugs or something like as well...I have a custom tile layer I made myself and sometimes they (the tiles) just show white. Sometimes the momentum feature seems to get a life of it's own and continuously scroll the globe I like where WW is going though and commend everyone's hard work...it's not a criticism

I haven't figured out that SVN/Source Forge thing or I'd get the latest code, compile and see if I get lucky.

I'd stick with my latest stable release if I was showing anyone anything...just saying is all
              "No Silicon Heaven?! Preposterous!...where would all the calculators go?"

Comment

Has anyone looked at SDSS on 1.4? Mine comes up with just a white globe. I tried moving my cache files over to the new installation but that didn't work either.
                Murgy
                "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides

Comment

Where can the 1.4 source code be downloaded from?
                  Neil
                  http://www.nlneilson.com

Comment

Murgatroyd Shellback - yeah same here
                    Bull_[UK]

Comment

Murgatroyd Shellback and Bull - I don't have any problem with SDSS.
                      I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
                      Road Map for World Wind development and release
                      I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

SDSS has been fixed in the latest version from SVN, thanks Pat Murris, make sure you turn off sun-shading though.
                        Bull_[UK]

Comment

Yeah Thanks
                          I turned off (or on -not sure which - changed it anyway)
                          However
                          It seems a little dull if you know what I mean - nothing seems as bright as it was on 1.3.5.
                          Are there any other settings I have to adjust?
                          Murgy

Comment

All's well again!
                            I changed the setting this time before going into SDSS and it is back to normal.

Thanks a lot.
                            Murgy

Comment

Is it possible to change the cache folder?
                              The wizzard allows only to resize the folder.

I have a 20 GB folder for 1.3x. I dont have the space to copy this monster in 1.4. It would be nice if I can use the same cache for both versions as long as I still use 1.3x.

Comment

Alt+Q (or maybe it was Alt+W...
                                there you can change cache, config and data folders locations
                                Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Working...
                                X