Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a tiny excel file that reverse calcualtes the row & col numebers of the files you should GET to put in a cache file . You jsut need to fill in the 2 Lat and 2 Lon values that define an area you want to cover..

nothing great iknow.. and i hope it works correctly, if it doesnt i'll probabl;y fix it within the day
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by koumooo@Dec 3 2004, 04:45 AM
      a tiny excel file that reverse calcualtes the row & col numebers of the files you should GET to put in a cache file . You jsut need to fill in the 2 Lat and 2 Lon values that define an area you want to cover..

nothing great iknow.. and i hope it works correctly, if it doesnt i'll probabl;y fix it within the day

Comment

Originally posted by koumooo@Dec 3 2004, 11:45 PM

I also created an excel file to perform the same process. Based on the information in the forums.
        Please be free to correct or adjust and repost.
        Attached Files
        My Web Page with WW Add-ons and Add-ons Index

Comment

Using the calculations for the Blue Marble maps works great for levels 0, 1, and 2, but with level 3 it is completely off. Is level 3 for Blue Marble calculated differently? I think my problem may be in the tilesize. What would the tilesize for blue marble level 3 be?

Thanks!

Comment

By the way, that last post by "Guest" is me.

Comment

Nevermind my question. I found that it was just a rounding error I was doing! After I fixed it, I had no more problems.

Comment

I added some features to rowcolcal.xls

1. Takes Worldwind clipboard contents as input
                2. Added USGS levels

I used this spreadsheet to indentify dds files that had errors when downloaded.
                I'd zoom in on the area
                copy its coordiantes into excel
                delete the file in explorer
                zoom out World wind then back in - fixed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi!
                  I'm new here. But I hope, I can do my part.
                  I improved the excel-program of "dsten" a little bit.

[attachmentid=255]

At first (because I'm from Germany) I had little problems with calculating because the "." and "," - sings. Therefore I programmed a little workaraound.

Furthermore I wrote (in VBA - so activate the macros) a tool to identify the .dds-files without the corresponding .tif-Files. So you can list or delete all the damaged files in all folders you want. Because this was a problem of an other thread, you will find it (and a standalone script) there again.

TuRRiCAN
                  Attached Files

Comment

:huh:

How do you define a damaged file?

In running your script I come up with a total of 772 damaged files whic is probably about every dds file im my cache>

Bob

Originally posted by TuRRiCAN@Feb 25 2005, 06:36 AM
                    Hi!
                    I'm new here. But I hope, I can do my part.
                    I improved the excel-program of "dsten" a little bit.

[attachmentid=255]

At first (because I'm from Germany) I had little problems with calculating because the "." and "," - sings. Therefore I programmed a little workaraound.

Furthermore I wrote (in VBA - so activate the macros) a tool to identify the .dds-files without the corresponding .tif-Files. So you can list or delete all the damaged files in all folders you want. Because this was a problem of an other thread, you will find it (and a standalone script) there again.

TuRRiCAN

Comment

Originally posted by Guest_Bob_*@Mar 1 2005, 12:29 PM
                      How do you define a damaged file?

In running your script I come up with a total of 772 damaged files whic is probably about every dds file im my cache>
                      Hi Bob,

Sorry, it was my mistake. I dont scan for damaged files. I scan for damaged "file-pairs".
                      Explanation:
                      Every .dds-file is a compressed image of a little part of the world. It's saved in "... Cache\Earth\High-Resolution Terrain Mapped Imagery\"-subfolders.
                      Each (as I know) image comes together with a height-information - saved in a .tif-file in the "...Cache\Earth\TerrainTiles&# 092;"-subfolders.
                      This means:
                      If you have a .dds-file you can found the corresponding .tif-file (if youre looking in the right level). If you cant find the .tif-file - you (and World Wind) have no height information. On Level 0-1 or 2 its not the problem I think, because you cant see the heights, but on deeper levels you get "square-dance".
                      My script (and this of dsten) looks for this "lonely" .dds-files and delete them.
                      It can NOT fix the problem, if you have a damaged correspondig .tif-file.

I'll improve my little toolbox - so you will be able to select the levels to scan and perhaps the range.

I hope, I could help
                      TuRRiCAN

Comment

Thanks for the explanation TuRRiCAN. It helps in my understanding about what is going on. I'm trying to identify the cause of problems I'm having in a few areas.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by canosso@Mar 10 2005, 05:02 AM
                          Hello,
                          for those who don't have Excel or other spreadsheet, I made a Javascript page, this includes also the calculation of coordinates from the tilename. Simply fill in and the calculations will be shown below. There are the tilenames with the full name, i.e. tilenames below 1000 will have leading 0, which would make it easier to search for them.
                          Save the page with your browser for offline use.

canosso
                          Very neat app, better than my speadsheet.
                          My Web Page with WW Add-ons and Add-ons Index

Comment

Respect canosso,
                            very nice converter.
                            But, you can't delete files - I know - these are limitations of javascript (and it's good so).
                            The best solution could be a plugin for WorldWind (or a solution by Worldwind itself). If Worldwind dont find its terrainfiles (while it tries to display it) why tries it not to download it again...

TuRRiCAN

Comment

OK, I tried everything posted here, but I cant get any good results. Are these valid with the 1.3 version?

For example, I have file 0432_0858.jpg from \cache\Earth\High Resolution Imagery\NLT Landsat7 (Visible Color)\4\0432

World Wind says its bottom left coordinates are aprox Lat -29.25 Lon -59.35

Using all the methods described above (excel files, my own excel file, jscript page , I get Lat -36.00 Lon -72.75

All I want is to calculate the four corner coordinates of level 4 NLT Landsat cache files.

Any pointers?

Osumi

Comment

Ok this is the answer to my previous question:

I tried to determine how many tiles were used in the Landsat lvl4 vertical axis by navigating the world and then looking at the cache folders created

Seems that WW 1.3 uses 64 rows for 90° that makes 256 rows for the whole world in the vertical axis, and since the tiles are square i will asume 256 columns are used horizontally.

That makes each tile 1.40625° in height and width. Now, i just found out then that the formula to apply for Landsat lvl 4 tiles is:

lat = row * (0.140625) - 90
                                lon = col * (0.140625) - 180

that gives the bottom left corner lat and long

Comment

Working...
                                X