Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linefeatures (1.4rc)

hi,

I've been trying to get the linefeatures to work in WW.
    i had been using a nightly from way back when but switched to the 1.4 just now... and my linefeatures have gone all "flat". the height parameter in the poslist seems to be ignored.

i can't find the docs for the linefeature on the wiki anymore but i'm pretty sure this once worked. but just in case, here's how i try to do it.

<LineFeature ShowAtStartup="true">
    <Name>Yangon->Thazi</Name>
    <FeatureColor>
    <Red>100</Red>
    <Green>200</Green>
    <Blue>100</Blue>
    </FeatureColor>
    <DistanceAboveSurface>0</DistanceAboveSurface>
    <MinimumDisplayAltitude>0</MinimumDisplayAltitude>
    <MaximumDisplayAltitude>75000000</MaximumDisplayAltitude>
    <LineWidth>2</LineWidth>
    <LineString>
    <posList>
    96.1674,16.7713,0 96.132402,17.250581,38213.1 96.101088,17.713614,67934.4 96.073458,18.160401,89163.9 96.049512,18.590942,101901.6 96.02925,19.005235,106147.5 96.012672,19.403282,101901.6 95.999778,19.785081,89163.9 95.990568,20.150634,67934.4 95.985042,20.499941,38213.1 95.9832,20.833,0
    </posList>
    </LineString>
    <Opacity>127</Opacity>
    </LineFeature>

can somebody point me to the docs, or tell me what i'm doing wrong ?
    tnx, jo

ps: these 'flat' linefeatures tend to appear "through" terrain, e.g. a line in a valley hidden behind a mountain is visible. not sure if this a bug for 1.4 or a sideeffect of what i'm doing wrong.

I think there was a small change with the line feature.
    Sample xml should be here http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/confluence but hte site is down at the moment
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

I would suspect the <DistanceAboveSurface>0</DistanceAboveSurface>
      tag is the problem.
      James

Comment

hi,
        with the nasa.gov site back up i found the change, an <AltitudeMode> option which (strangely) has clampedtoground as default,
        ,and the altitude is now correctly shown again.

all the linefeatures are still extruded to ground level (with or without a <ExtrudeHeight> option set to 0).i'll put this one in the 1.4 buglist.

anyway, tnx for the help.

jo

Comment

Another bug that I had entered against V1.3.5 in JIRA was that the extrude line was still drawn even linewidth was set to 0. Could you possibly try that out and see if it is fixed. If the linewidth is 0 the line should not be drawn.

Comment

linewidth=0

I tried setting <LineWidth>0</LineWidth> and yes the line is still being drawn, extruded and all.

jo

Comment

I've entered a bug on this on the WIKI page. I don't seem to be able to post an image on the WIKI page so here is a screenshot of the problem I'm having. I would like the extrude line to be drawn from the plane icon to the ground. Not from the history icons to the ground. The kml that I generate has the width set to 1 for the current icon, and 0 for the history icons.
              Thanks,
              James

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	109272
              Last edited by James_In_Utah; 11-07-2006, 11:11 PM.

Comment

kml or xml ?

james,

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:
                i am not using kml , i am using the 'native' xml to define my linefeatures.
                (although I am not sure what the differences between the two formats are.)

jo

Comment

I would think they would be the same thing. I use styles to produce part of the KML, and if the plot is a current aircraft plot, I would like to draw the extrude line from the aircraft Icon to the ground, if it is a history plot, I don't want to see the extrude line. The line is part of the style, but the extrude is not. I can set <width> to 0 for the history style and 1 for the current style. This works in GE, so I'm pretty sure it is standard.
                  James

Comment

You could just skip the extrude part entirely and draw a regular line from the "current" point to the ground.

Comment

I need it to work with KML, since I don't know whether the client is going to be GE, or WW, or whatever. It looks fine when viewed on GE, but with WW I get an extrude line from all of the plots down to the ground. If the fix isn't in the new version, I'm pretty sure I will be able to go in and put in some logic not to draw the line if the <width> is zero and make a special build just for my clients. It would be better if it were in the official release though.
                      Thanks,
                      James

Comment

Working...
                      X