TilesDownload 1.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TilesDownload 1.1

TilesDownload V1.4.12 (Updated 12 September 2008)

is a small tool to download tiles for offline viewing or copy tiles to/from the cache
    uses configuration files for different data sets or reads from xml files:
    Blue Marble, Landsat, USGS, SRTM, OneEarth, Moon and other

Whats new:

- file header of downloaded file will be checked now
    - some minor bugs removed

Homepage: http://www.pattern.at/ww/index.htm
    Download: TilesDownload.zip

zip file inludes binary, help, readme and configuration files
    Last edited by getu; 09-12-2008, 09:45 AM.

Thanks getu, excellent tool, I have already downloaded layers 0 to 3 of the UK
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

:P Yes it's fine....Thank you mister getu... but warning...
      If you use a no-English windows XP version an error of execution
      is occured... you must change your Linguistic Option in English (USA)
      before start this tool...

(I use a French Windows Version and this problem exist with some tools)
      hermetica website
      My Addons web page
      Geoportail French Infos

Comment

Originally posted by hermetica@May 6 2005, 05:21 PM
        :P Yes it's fine....Thank you mister getu... but warning...
        is occured... you must change your Linguistic Option in English (USA)
        before start this tool...

(I use a French Windows Version and this problem exist with some tools)
        That happens because of the different number systems (comma as decimal separator). I had to overcome this problem in my WINKSpots, if you like I can help you fix it.
        Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
        Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
        Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Just wanted to comment on this, as a Server-Admin I'd say it would be greatly helpful to Jessi's sanity and NLT's webservers that you guys use cache packs or request cache packs for the areas your looking for, this way your not performing millions of queries to the webservers for data you wont really ever use (+ Its a lot faster to download a cache pack). I'm not saying that you wont use the data that you downlaod just because your mean people, I'm saying that you probably wont randomly scroll over a majority of the data you download (unless you only download the low res layers)...

Comment

Well I have downloaded all the UK tiles which I will share with anyone I know who uses ww, its a pity my upload is only 14k/s or I would upload it to f0urtyfive so he could add an official UK cache pack.
            Bull_[UK]

Comment

OK OK...

Firstly Credit where it's due Great Job getu!
              I can't say that I'm exactly thrilled about this... since I've spent hours
              On my Application which is very similar :(
              I am a beginner so this has been quite a challenge for me

I've been using my App successfully to download what I have wanted to
              But probably the biggest problem with my app is the total lack of error handling
              On the inet transfer control. Basically if the Internet connection is lost
              The half finish tile would be saved as if completed (also the damn thing keeps going)

I was going to fix these probs before posting but… I don’t think I’ll finish this project now.

Anyway getu I urge you to take a look at my App, and maybe add the copy and paste feature. (I hate having to type Coord’s)

I was also going to add a file extraction tool, so that an area could be extracted from the cache and the missing ones downloaded.

Almost forgot to mention my App's download directory is fixed to C:\"WW Downloader" and it searches that path for existing tiles

I was part way through adding a dialog box for this when i discovered this post
              Now I'm gonna go an' watch tele :P

Edit :
              Decided to remove my App
              http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index....indpost&p=16063

Comment

Originally posted by -Jeremy-@May 8 2005, 11:14 AM

But probably the biggest problem with my app is the total lack of error handling
                On the inet transfer control. Basically if the Internet connection is lost
                The half finish tile would be saved as if completed (also the damn thing keeps going)

Not knowing your application internals, if you are using .NET, you may place a catch block for a Socket exception (or even Exception) where upon receiving such an exception, you may cancel the current file downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jeremy-@May 8 2005, 10:14 AM
                  OK OK...

Firstly Credit where it's due Great JobÂÂ* getu!
                  I can't say that I'm exactly thrilled about this...ÂÂ* since I've spent hours
                  On my Application which is very similar :(
                  I am a beginner so this has been quite a challenge for me

On the inet transfer control.ÂÂ* Basically if the Internet connection is lost

I was going to fix these probs before posting but… I don’t think I’ll finish this project now.

Anyway getu I urge you to take a look at my App, and maybe add the copy and paste feature. (I hate having to type Coord’s)

I was also going to add a file extraction tool, so that an area could be extracted from the cache and the missing ones downloaded.
                  Almost forgot to mention my App's download directory is fixed to C:\"WW Downloader" and it searches that path for existing tiles

I was part way through adding a dialog box for this when i discovered this post
                  Now I'm gonna go an' watch teleÂÂ* :P
                  I have a problem with your application. When I try to download beyond layer 2 of Visible and Pseudo color Comunity Landsat the programs return this error: in Spanish "Error '9' en tiempo de ejecucion: El subindice esta fuera del intervalo" that mean "Runtime error '9'. Subscript (or subindex) is out of interval". Sorry my English but I can´t translate it exactly.

Thanks.
                  Sorry my English.

Comment

Is it possible to use this to download tiles from other data sets -- USGS Topo Maps, for example?

Can you walk me through the process?

Thanks.

Comment

Now that we have 2 utilities for downloading from ww.

I made a request on 23rd March for an Extract Utility to extract from the cache.
                      http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index....wtopic=1929&hl=

In view of the request from our Administrators can either / both of our developers modify your program to extract from cache as an option. The extracted data to be placed in another folder.

As I have already d/l the tile I do not want to do again.
                      My Web Page with WW Add-ons and Add-ons Index

Comment

hermetica

is occured...
                        5of0

That happens because of the different number systems (comma as decimal separator). I had to overcome this problem in my WINKSpots, if you like I can help you fix it.
                        yes, please - i'm not shure, what kind of problem it is!

Jeremy

yes, this was a good idea - thanks
                        'TileDownload' downloads only missing files

cobito

I have a problem with your application. When I try to download beyond layer 2 of Visible and Pseudo color Comunity Landsat the programs return this error: in Spanish "Error '9' en tiempo de ejecucion: El subindice esta fuera del intervalo" that mean "Runtime error '9'. Subscript (or subindex) is out of interval". Sorry my English but I can´t translate it exactly.
                        sorry, i can't reproduce this error

Is it possible to use this to download tiles from other data sets -- USGS Topo Maps, for example?
                        yes - you can use configuration files for your data sets

Can you walk me through the process?
                        start the program, load a configuration, f.e. 'USGS_TopoMaps.cfg', input values for latitude and longitude (or copy coordinates in ww and paste in TilesDownload), choose a layer, and a destination path (your ww cache), click 'Create URLs' and 'Download Tiles'.
                        ...there is also a Help-Button!

nova

In view of the request from our Administrators can either / both of our developers modify your program to extract from cache as an option. The extracted data to be placed in another folder.

As I have already d/l the tile I do not want to do again.
                        that is not necessary - you can copy your cache to another folder

getu

Comment

No, no. My problem is with Jeremy´s aplication: I am tried to run it on two differents computers but it return me the same error. With Tile Downloader 1.2 and 1.3 I have other problem: when I want to download for example all level 0 tiles of Comunity Pseudo Color the program doesn´t download all tiles (only 160 of thousands I think).

Thanks.
                          Sorry my English.

Comment

getu
                            I think you are missing the point of what I am talking about.

In the cache you have all the tiles that you have d/l. What I am after is an extarct of a small area. Say I wanted to extract only those tiles for our great state of Tasmania, or any smaller area.

With both of these prg you have to d/l the tiles again, what I am after is an option to extract from the chche instead.

It is either that or do it manually unless someone has any other ideas.

Originally posted by getu@May 10 2005, 01:38 AM
                            that is not necessary - you can copy your cache to another folder
                            getu

Comment

-Jeremy- has just posted a Cache Extraction Tool.
                              http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/index....wtopic=3049&hl=

Comment

Working...
                              X