Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardwaare & Android versions needed for latest WWA...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony, so Venus is no longer jealous of all the attention you are paying to Mars? Under that golden CO2 veil, she is quite a feature rich terrain! A truly gorgeous celestial body!

Comment

I usually update Venus, Moon and my other apps after I update Mars but that will have to wait till after the holidays. So when will NASA give USGS higher resolution data for WMS? And will ESA do the same??
      When is the next GeoSpatial conference so you can keep that raincheck promise? LOL

Comment

Tony, we are sorely behind getting www.MyUniPortal.com the celestial resources that it can so do much more with. When will the USGS have better NASA data to deliver so that we can thoroughly enjoy the great work of your Rolling Thunder? We may as well ask when will we let Gaia be her sustainable self? When will Mars let Venus be understood for what happens when there is too much CO2. Maybe then Phobos and Deimos might become Pace and Tranquillità? Plenty left to do and not near enough time to do it all before we become cloaked in our own suffocating veil. But your good work is a huge help in better appreciating the beauty we are surrounded by!

Comment

Oh boy Patrick you should not have left your cell at work again. Your Aerospace buddies have been drinking old apple cider again. Tell them the compliments are appreciated.

Have a great weekend whoever has Patrick's cell.
          -Tony

Comment

Ok Patrick I updated my Real Venus 3D Android version. It should be released by Google Play Store by Midnight 2/2/2017
            Enjoy.
            -Tony

Comment

I did send a screenshot to dcollins of the issue with I think the Tessellator that Trigolis modified that was copied from the old WWA code. It might help with any issues with the work you are doing for the newer version of WWA to support elevations. If he or any of the WWA team want me to try suggested fixes so they may have a code base that works let me know.

Regards,
              -Tony

Comment

Also, you may have to stay away from OpenGL ES 3.0,3.1 for some time. I found out that libraries for that do not exist for graphics if you use the NDK. I warned Google about that last week since they had samples for developers that compiled but when packaged and deployed failed due to missing libGLESv3.so on the target mobile devices.

Regards,
                -Tony

PS, I have noticed that there has been almost no activity on the git for the newer WWA effort for several months. Are you still working on it anymore?

Comment

Hey Tony,

I believe we have a requirement to stick with ES 2.0, but thanks for the heads up about 3.0 and 3.1. WWA development is active with many features planned in the coming year. We haven't compiled an official release in a few months, but checkout the development branch for the latest, a daily build is available from the Releases tab.

Zach
                  Zach
                  World Wind Team
                  https://github.com/NASAWorldWind

Comment

Hi Nicola,
                    I fixed the elevation issue you talked about and let a WWA engineer know how to fix it since it involves their code. I removed your screen diagnostics code call since it was left in there and only slowed things down. So your high preforming fix you were worried about I was able to leave in place.
                    Regards,
                    -Tony

Comment

Originally posted by adanecito View Post
                      Hi Nicola,
                      I fixed the elevation issue you talked about and let a WWA engineer know how to fix it since it involves their code. I removed your screen diagnostics code call since it was left in there and only slowed things down. So your high preforming fix you were worried about I was able to leave in place.
                      Regards,
                      -Tony
                      Hi Tony, unfortunately it's been a long time since my last work on that version of WWA (given that the WW team is actively working on a completely new version) so I might have forgotten what you are referring to... '
                      In any case, I'm really happy you found the issue and contacted them, so we will have the elevation working fine in the new WWA version!!!

Comment

Thanks Nicola! I try to pass these discoveries onto the WWA Team and let them decide what they want to do. As you and they know I tend to be innovative and sometimes that goes against common beliefs and I can be wrong anyway. They do a great job I just keep pushing the limits of the hardware and software. I am still doing power/performance tuning and hope to be done this weekend and onto new features again. :-)

Comment

I learned a lot over the last several years working with the Android and GIS. Even with the best coding ever you will not succeed unless you partner with the right companies/people/govt. Comes down to as I mentioned before hardware. I now know what that should be after working on the new USGS data. I do commend the efforts though.
                          Last edited by adanecito; 02-12-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

need regular updates for device https://19216811.bid/ https://panoramacharter.ltd/
                            Last edited by jarahbe32; 04-06-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

No elevation support yet, but it is one of the top items on our priority list.
                              https://teatv.ltd/dl-now/
                              https://hellodear.in

Last edited by blingslingkling123; 06-03-2022, 05:19 AM.

Comment

The NASA WorldWind Javascript SDK (WebWW) includes the library and examples for creating geo-browser web applications and for embedding a 3D globe in HTML5 web pages.

Comment

Working...
                                X