Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is next major update of WWA?

Hi WorldWind Android Team,

When is the next major update? I downloaded the code from the git but it looks as if it is still go a ways to go yet to be at the same level or better than the old version as far as capabilities.
    Also, due to all the API changes it will cause those who used the previous versions to do a major rewrite their code. So I am holding off on using it for awhile.
    A big improvement over the old one!

Regards,
    -Tony

Tony,

WorldWindAndroid (WWA) version 0.4.0 should be out on or around August 15. It focuses primarily on basic shape capabilities.

There is more information on the 0.4.0 on JIRA.
    Zach
    World Wind Team
    https://github.com/NASAWorldWind

Comment

Hi glueck,
      Thanks very much!

-Tony

Comment

This might also be a place to keep an eye on things, https://github.com/NASAWorldWind/WorldWindAndroid

Comment

Hi Patrick,
          Sorry been unavailable for awhile so just getting back. Is there plans to add 3d model support?

Thanks,
          -Tony

Comment

I', interested in. Thanks very much, Glueck.
            games reviews , funny random facts , Tiger information for kids , elephant facts , Animal fun facts

Comment

This might also be a place to keep an eye on things

Comment

I see some changes to the Git. I will see if there is a recent build of a apk to see if it has some of the things I needed.

Thx,
                -Tony

Comment

Hey Tony,

Version 0.6.0 went live last Friday with several new big features.
                  • Terrain! For a general globe wide setup checkout the BasicGlobeFragment or BasicGlobeActivity. If you have a WCS elevation provider, checkout the WCS Tutorial, please note, there are some limitations in the format of the WCS data.
                  • WMS/WMTS Capabilities Configuration! - Checkout the WMTS and WMS Tutorials
                  • JCenter Publishing! If you are using Gradle as your build management system, adding World Wind Android to your project is now as easy as adding
                    Code:
                    compile 'gov.nasa.worldwind.android:worldwind:0.6.0@aar'
                  to your dependency block.

Let me know if you have any questions. This version is a pretty sweet!
                  Zach
                  World Wind Team

Comment

So I downloaded the apk and no indications of elevation support. How does one tilt now? I must have been doing something wrong?

Thanks I have been looking forward to this.
                    Tony

Comment

Also on the basic example no elevation status was shown so I assumed it is not supported yet so if you tilt using two finger feature moving vertically down it should tilt the camera and show tilt in addition to eye elevation. I hope I am wrong but can wait longer.
                      thanks!

Comment

I just downloaded the 0.6.0 tutorial release apk from the GitHub. I see elevations with the default (included in the examples and tutorials by default, no extra step is needed) elevations as well as the WCS Elevation Tutorial. The elevation tutorial is pointing at Mt. Rainier and should demonstrate the elevations appearing as the data downloads from Ames. Since there is no cacheing yet on the client, I'm fairly certain the Ames servers are up and running.

To tilt, swipe like you would with three fingers instead of one.

If you aren't seeing terrain still, it may be a platform issue. Let me know what Android version and phone/tablet type you are using.
                        Zach
                        World Wind Team

Comment

Ok I was able to get it to work with the three fingers but unfortunately as I zoom in at a tilt I see what looks like tile skirts that show up. I saw this same sort of issue with the one from Trigolis years ago and other oddities like black areas. They were working at cloud level so it did not affect them where I go close to the terrain. It could be the need for caching or a couple of other separate issues. This usually is noticed in areas with mountains which for me I have to have work correctly. I will check in a month or two but this is what I wanted to check out. It is extremely repeatable at least for me.

Thanks,
                          -Tony

Comment

Tony,

I believe you are seeing the front clip plane issue. If you are seeing something different than the image depicted in the GitHub issue, please post a screen shot.

Zach
                            Zach
                            World Wind Team

Comment

That is one of the effects I saw. I absolutely saw it on the old Trigolis version. I will see if the other I have seen before shows up. I will go looking for it.
                              Thanks,
                              -Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X