URL Tile Layers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL Tile Layers

I have been asked to create a Tile layer in Android Worldwind. I've done this for other platforms, mainly Google maps sdk for Android and iOS. On both of those platforms, there is a callback mechanism that provides an x, y, z (zoom) parameters for map tiles when panning the map. Those parameters are used to build a URL for each image tile returned. So for I've not found anything similar in Android WW except for BlueMarbleLayer, but there are no examples of its use.

For all of the tile servers we use, these parameters are necessary for the URL to produce a tile. Is this possible in Android Worldwind? If so, can anyone point me to a resource?

A tile layer is a set of web-accessible tiles that reside on a server. The tiles are accessed by a direct URL request from the web browser. Because the tiles in a tile layer are not available as a service, they must be in a specific format for a web app such as the map viewer to display the layer on a map.

Comment

Do you want to disable the default zoom controls? If so, then you will need to write your own AWTInputHandler, or consume the mouse wheel events. Mesa Mobile Truck Repair Co.

Comment

I'm also interested in learning about this.

Comment

Perhaps this can be done in Android Worldwind as well? phoodle

Comment

Working...
          X