Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annotations

Hello

In the java version of WorldWind there's a class called ScreenAnnotations that is used for placing text on the viewport, is there something equivalent to this in the Android version? I would like to place view controls similar to the ViewControlsLayer java example in the Android version but I'm unable to find an example that shows how to do this.

Thanks

Hello Balurdo,

As you've noticed, WWA doesn't include a ViewControlsLayer like the Java version. You could begin to implement something similar by leveraging the DrawableScreenTexture; however, I believe the best option would be to utilize native Android XML layouts. The major advantage of the XML layout:

1. Automatic positioning of the controls after a viewport change from landscape to portrait
    2. Automatic button resolution selection
    3. Not having to understand the WWA threaded rendering to utilize DrawableScreenTexture

Good Luck!
    Zach
    World Wind Team
    https://github.com/NASAWorldWind

Comment

Ok, got it, I was considering doing that but wasn't sure if that was the best option or if the Android WorldWind team was going to eventually develop screen annotations. I will go with using the native XML layouts.

Thanks again!

Balurdo

Comment

Working...
      X