Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projection Mercator support?

Hi developers,
    after several tries to make a tile layer supporting datasets tiled the Openstreetmap way, I had to give up due to the fact that too much stitching and cuting tile images together would be necessary for this to work. Performance would not be acceptable for sure.

The other possibility I investigated, was to port the Mercator Globe and projection to NWW-Android, but there are parts missing that I am not able to integrate.

Is there any plan to port the Mercator globe and projection to the android version?

Thanks,
    Andrea

https://github.com/NASAWorldWind/Wor...roid/issues/23
    Zach
    World Wind Team
    https://github.com/NASAWorldWind

Comment

Thanks, wasn't aware of this issue.

Comment

the linear scale of a Mercator map increases with latitude, it distorts the size of geographical objects far from the equator and conveys a distorted perception of the overall geometry of the planet.

Comment

Projection Mercator is a cylindrical map projection used to depict the Earth's surface. It's particularly useful for navigation and best place to buy diamond rings preserving straight lines, but it distorts size as one moves away from the equator. Understanding its strengths and limitations is essential for accurate map interpretation and navigation in various applications like cartography and geography.

Comment

The other possibility I investigated, was to port the Mercator Globe and projection to NWW-Android, but there are parts missing that I am not able to integrate.

www.routerlogin.net

pikashow
            Last edited by gaming12qq; 12-13-2023, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X