new on the next release...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new on the next release...

Is there any news on the next release you can share? We are looking forward to it... keep up the great work.

No news yet, sorry. Thanks for the good words.
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Comment

Hi WWJ dev team!

It's been 3 months since 0.5.0, and looking at the various posts since then, it looks like you didn't slow down much during the summer ; I saw many references in these threads about 0.5.0 bits that have since been fixed/changed. I'm personally about to (finally!) start working full-time on a project using WWJ and would love to contribute back any way I can, but like everybody else, I would prefer to work on the "latest and greatest" so as not to submit fixes/suggestions only to hear you say "changed it already" or something like that.

I realize there was 6 months between 0.4.0 and 0.5.0, but then again there was only 2 between 0.3.0 and 0.4.0, so I'm hoping 0.6.0 is just around the corner.

Keep up the great work, this project is simply awesome.

Chiss!

P.S. Pat, looking at your signature, it looks like you moved back to France.. Any plans to come back to Montreal one day? I'd love to buy you another beer!
      Last edited by Chiss; 09-04-2008, 03:29 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is there any news on the next release? What new features can we expect?

Thanks for the great work!

Comment

A couple hints about 0.6

We are all busy working on features requested by our sponsors. You may expect 0.6 in late October... maybe November - or so i believe

Among the new features here are those which come to mind right now:
          • Air space shapes and volumes - think extruded circles, rectangles, lines or path, terrain following or not, connected to the ground or floating in the air.
          • OGC Catalog Service support with an example application to query and visualize resources from several servers.
          • Compound elevation model that will allow to overlay several elevation data sets
          • New iteration of markers and tracks
          • A view control layer that provides a GUI to interact with the view
          • A visual measure tool and the supporting classes for length and area
          • Geometry based surface shapes - like terrain following polylines for surfaces.
          • New iteration of the placename layer
          • Terrain/Line geometry intersect test

There is more then that, some refactoring (like Position becomes a subclass of LatLon) plus a lot of bug fixes here and there...

Comment

Dear Pat,

thanks for the fast reply. Would it be possible to post some images of the air space shapes and volumes feature? I'm working on a Network Traffic Visualization software, and wondering whether those shapes are similar to my parabola shapes...

Bye,
            Tamas

Comment

Originally posted by Tamas Kornai View Post
              Dear Pat,

thanks for the fast reply. Would it be possible to post some images of the air space shapes and volumes feature? I'm working on a Network Traffic Visualization software, and wondering whether those shapes are similar to my parabola shapes...

Bye,
              Tamas
              Now that looks interesting.. you have some more details on this project of yours?

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Basically this project is part of the EU's Etomic/Evergrow projects. They create high density network traffic measurements and this software is for their visualization.

The project is based on WWJ, the GUI is created with FengGUI. I've implemented a correct stereoscopic view as well.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to write me.

Comment

Tamas,

How did it go with the integration with the FenGUI toolkit? Although we can see it mentionned in some places, this post is the first time (that I know of) someone reported having successfully combined WWJ with it. Any headaches? Pitfalls? Hints for people who wish to do the same? Some screenshots would be nice too! Maybe in the 'Applications' section of this forum?

Thanks in advance,

Chiss!

Comment

About the FengGUI integration, consult the URLs below:
                    http://www.fenggui.org/forum/index.php?topic=386.0
                    http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki...&printable=yes
                    http://forum.worldwindcentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=14491

I hope to finish the project in one or two months, and if I'm allowed, I will release it open source. Unfortunately it's not my decision, but I'll try to push it towards that direction. If there is any news, I'll publish it here in the forums.

Comment

Thanks! I must have missed that post last winter...

Chiss!

Comment

Originally posted by Tamas Kornai View Post
                        Dear Pat,

I do not believe the coming airspace shapes can do what you shown us (which is real nice btw). I posted some WWJ 0.6 screenshots here.

Would you mind sharing you anaglyph stereo code? - i'd wish to fix the actual SDK code which is not that great.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't share my code right now since first I need to get permission from the project owner. I wish to contribute back for the community as much as I can, but it is certainly a slow process.

What I did about the stereoscopic view was implementing the "Offaxis Frustums - OpenGL" section of the page http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourk.../stereorender/
                          For our purpose we needed a quad-buffered stereo view instead of an anaglyph one, but to change one for the other is less then 10 lines of code. If there are any news about the permission I'll let you know, but please don't delay 0.6 because waiting for my code. ; )

Comment

Thanks Pat & WWJ for the early look at WWJ on Pat's blog. I look forward to the enhancements and other great things that are done or in progress.

Best Regards,
                            Tony Anecito
                            Founder,
                            MyUniPortal
                            http://www.myuniportal.com

Comment

Version 0.6 in the near future?

I read that version 0.6 was supposed to come out in October or November...any hints on when the WW community might indeed see this new version? The WWJava SDK is amazing! I look forward to the next version! Kudos to all the contributors.

Comment

Working...
                              X