X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAIP, Topo & Legacy server weekend outage

Hello,

A planned server room upgrade will require the temporary shutdown of:
    • the NAIP and Topo server (worldwind47.arc.nasa.gov)
    • the legacy tile service (worldwind25.arc.nasa.gov)

The rest of the World Wind systems will not be affected (the main data server, placenames, virtual earth, website, and all developer resources).

Work will start on 8/27/2011 at 6:00 AM PST and last no longer than Monday. This is the first outage in a sequence of eight possible weekend shutdowns.

-Randy

Last second notice, the servers mentioned above need to come down sooner than expected. As in now! Start up time remains the same.

Comment

It appears this is still down? I am not getting any USGS Digital Ortho data.

Comment

There was hardware trouble with one of the legacy tile service systems. (RAID device fails to load firmware) I will see if there's a way to restore it with remaining machines.

Comment

Thanks for your effort.

Comment

Is this affecting www.nasa.network.com as well? It was working fine until sometime yesterday afternoon - now I can't even access the domain at all and DNS lookups can't find it either.

Comment

USGS Digital Ortho is working again! Yay! Thank you.

Comment

There's a new issue with the main data server's domain, www.nasa.network.com A change on Oracle's end stopped forwarding the request to data.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov

We've been in touch and they're correcting the problem. Sorry for the outage.

Comment

No worries - it's not your fault!

Thanks for the update - it looks like it's working now.

Comment

Don't thank me yet. We have another shutdown coming up this Labor Day weekend, but technically, it starts today (Friday Sept. 2) at 6:00 PST. We've made changes to ensure a smoother cycle this time around.

Affected systems will be:
                    • the NAIP and Topo server (worldwind47.arc.nasa.gov)
                    • the legacy tile service (worldwind25.arc.nasa.gov)
                    • the Scankort Denmark data layer (data.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov)

Comment

Going into another weekend outage starting now. (Sept 9th-10th)

Comment

Randy -- is this outage still in effect and/or is there a problem with worldwind25.arc.nasa.gov?

Comment

I'm afraid I couldn't wake up the legacy tile service (worldwind25.arc.nasa.gov) after several attempts. The hardware is too unstable. Time permitting, I have disk images to transfer to another system.

Comment

Can You give a rough estimation as when the system could be running again? Thanks for your work!

Comment

Power construction resumes (Sept 30-Oct 1) and continues for the next few weeks. The NAIP/Topo and Scankort demo will be affected. The legacy servers at worldwind25 will remain offline for now. Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X