No announcement yet.

NAIP, Topo & Legacy server weekend outage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are using the .net version you should check the .net development thread. That server is not coming back online. You can download some of the SRTM data at archive.org. I havent been able to create the layer.xml file to point to the data directory but it should be pretty straightforward. I think the Earth or Mars world uses the data directory for placenames for an example. There is a thread in the .net development area. If you can create the layer.xml file perhaps you can post it on the .net thread? I would appreciate it while I am converting to java.

The WWJ application template has elevation data. Try some of the examples in the sdk.

Comment

Thanks for the help on the forum regarding worldwind25. I need to check things more often.

December is here and building upgrades being again. Two last outages are planned starting today (12/02/2011 - 12/04/2011) and the week after. (12/09/2011-12/11/2011)

The only affected service will be the NAIP & Topo server.

Comment

I noticed the servers are not providing MS Visual Earth info. I zoom in and missing detailed imagery.

Thanks,
        -Tony

Comment

You were right. Sorry for the outage. There has been a sharp bump in activity lately and the caching component for the VE service crashed. This has been restored.

Comment

Thanks I am trying to stay with WWJ VE implementation but hard to with the crashing. I will switch back and make sure things work in dev.

-Tony

Comment

Working...
            X