Tactical graphics circle was covered by vmap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical graphics circle was covered by vmap

I created a tactical graphics circle, No Fire Area (NFA), and it displayed properly but when I turned the VMAP layer on, the NFA was covered by VMAP layer, no circle and its inner excepted the text modifier of NFA.

I tried the reorder the layers list, VMAP first, but not successfully and do not know how to go further.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Hi,
    What do you call the vmap ? I recall this as a huge world shapefile, is that it ?
    If it's a raster layer, it should work as designed... do you use insertLayerBeforeCompass or so ?
    Try tweak a working example.
    Cheers

Comment

Thanks frenchy,

It's a good idea to tweak a working example because it is simple, I will integrate vmap and 2525 example and let you know the result.

Comment

Following your suggestions, I added the NFA into the VPFLayerDemo and successfully displayed the NFA circle and its contents with the coverage or the Political Entities or Database Reference was on - it was the order of layers. Then I applied the insert Before/After Place name into my application but it did not show up as in the example.

I injected my code into the function doCreateAreaSymbols in the VPFBasicSymbolFactory class and the example showed the sea and land color with the Database Reference and Hydrography were on with the circle and its contents.

Code:
        for(Map.Entry<VPFSymbolKey, .......{
           for(VPFSymbolAttribute attr : this.getSymbolAttributes(....  {

String description = attr.getDescription();

if( attr.getFeatureType() == VPFFeatureType.AREA){
                 attr.setInteriorOpacity(1d);
                 attr.setOutlineOpacity(1d);

if(description != null && description.contains("water (except inland)"))
                    attr.setInteriorMaterial(WATER);
                 else
                    attr.setInteriorMaterial(LAND);

this.addAreaSymbol(feature, attr, outCollection);

}
           }
        }
        At this point I knew that I need to take a look at my code closely.

Many thanks frenchy
        Last edited by tnson; 06-24-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I try to post in this thread because it relates to the vmap layer.

After successfully putting the tactical layer over the vmap layer by forcing the new vmap layers in specific position in the layerlist - thanks for frenchy, I added a new layers, a subclass of the BasicTiledImageLayer at the end of the layer list. But this time the vmap layer, again, covered the tile layer. So I traced my problem to the VPFSurfaceArea and the SurfacePolygon to its super class AbstractSurfaceObject.

At this point, I just wonder that I can put the vmap layer at the beginning of the orderedRenderable or not and how to do it.

Thank you for your suggestions and questions.

Comment

Hello,
            I'm quite sure it not possible to remove the first 3 nasa layers, because they are part of the default configuration. However, it must be possible to setEnable (false) on these layers, if they are the ones you want to avoid. Also you may use the minimum/maximum altitudes to get these layers not displayed when you zoom in.

Comment

Hello frenchy,

In the example AppFrame I used the insertAfter/BeforePlacenames to control the layerlist; in my app the unwanted layers were removed by adding wanted layers and the vmap layer and other layers was added with layerlist.add(index, layer) to control the order of layers.

The vmap and tactical layer implements the OrderedRenderable and they display properly. Following the examples, I implemented the OrderedRenderable to the subclass of the BasicTiledImageLayer and the tile image layer covered the vmap and tactical layer.

The order in the layerlist was vmap, ..., tileImageLayer,..., tacticalLayer but the tileImageLayer covered the tacticalLayer; it was not right and I am working on it.

Another unwanted behavior was when the mouse was on the canvas the tileImageLayer was covered by vmap and tactical but when the mouse was not, the tileImageLayer took over. I guessed the problem came from the picking.

The minimum/maximum altitudes to display the layers were already in the vmap and tileImageLayer.

I will try the picking for the tileImageLayer and let you know.

Thanks for your help,

V/R,

Comment

Originally posted by tnson View Post
                Following your suggestions, I added the NFA into the VPFLayerDemo and successfully displayed the NFA circle and its contents with the coverage or the Political Entities or Database Reference was on - it was the order of layers. Then I applied the insert Before/After Place name into my application but it did not show up as in the example.

I injected my code into the function doCreateAreaSymbols in th xender discord omegle e VPFBasicSymbolFactory class and the example showed the sea and land color with the Database Reference and Hydrography were on with the circle and its contents.

Code:
                for(VPFSymbolAttribute attr : this.getSymbolAttributes(.... {

else

}
                }
                }

Many thanks frenchy
                What do you call the vmap ? I recall this as a huge world shapefile, is that it ?
                Last edited by kiliyatsia; 07-30-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tnson View Post

I injected my code into the function doCreateAreaSymbols in the VPFBasicSymbolFactory ometv bazoocam chathub class and the example showed the sea and land color with the Database Reference and Hydrography were on with the circle and its contents.

Code:
                  for(VPFSymbolAttribute attr : this.getSymbolAttributes(.... {

else

}
                  }
                  }

Many thanks frenchy
                  thank you for the code.

Comment

Working...
                  X