Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGlobe Updates

Hello All,

Sorry for the long hiatus in updates. A new version of iGlobe (as of October 2012) is in the SVN repository, https://worldwind23.arc.nasa.gov/iglobe/.

Try out the new interface (gov.ornl.iglobe.IGlobeApp) compatible with the app-based interface in World Wind 2.0 (current nightly builds, http://builds.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...ease-daily.asp). See screenshots below.

Some features:
    1. A time series plotting interface with client side analytic tools loaded in. A hook for attaching R to iGlobe to unleash the statistical powers of R. Allows loading one or multiple time series.
    2. Spatial aggregation methods available.
    3. New UI for subsetting of data before loading. Option for pre-caching the animations of time varying data sets in the memory for faster rendering of animations.
    4. Landscan app for getting population estimates in selected regions.

Coming up:
    1. Rendering of 4D and curvilinear grids. This is part of the older interface (org.trikend.iglobe.WorldWindowApp) and will be integrated in the new version.
    2. Server side analysis (see attached graphic for the schematic of the proposed analysis architecture). Ability to create and publish reusable workflows and interaction with HPC computer clusters via web services.

Varun
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Patrick Hogan; 03-17-2014, 08:14 PM.

Beautiful!

Varun, nice work and most generous. Looking forward to what's coming up next! Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi All,

It has been quite for a while - I hope that is about to change.

We have joined forces with another gov organisation regarding the iGlobe development and have moved the majority of components into the Eclipse RCP (4.1.x > and maven).

So all the required components are now available as plugins.

We will continue porting until we have the current functionality ready for a beta.

Apart from full NetCDF support, I expect that we'll have better volume support, flight path generation (for animations), another iteration of vector rendering (potentially moving that into geom-shaders) and more.

There is also a data 'discover and export' tool on the way (which will fit nicely into Varun's work).

Needless to say that this is all based on JOGL2 and WW2.

There is more to come which I'll elaborate on later.

Cheers
      Uwe
      Last edited by Patrick Hogan; 03-04-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Hey Uwe,

Looking forward to your updates. On the analysis side we are making progress in creating a "workflow creation" and "job submission" interface within the iglobe client that will allow users to submit compute intensive jobs to an "iglobe server". We are using another open source technology called "Apache Airavata" (named after a mythical elephant from Hindu mythology) - http://airavata.apache.org/.

Best,
        Varun

Comment

Hi,
          I am trying to build the iglobe project but i am getting 158 errors, all related to 'cannot be resolved to a type', like for AbstractSpatialToolFeature or AnalysisTool. After googling a lot it seems it is related to missing jars. The only thing i found is that the downloaded classpath includes a link to a local folder:
          <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/netcdfAll-4.2.jar" sourcepath="/Users/Shared/development/lib/sources/netcdf4.x/ncSrc-4.2/cdm/src/main/java

and obviously i dont have that folder in users/shared.
          I downloaded from another project a ncSrc-4.2 folder containing lots of things and linked the classpath to the netcdf4.x/ncSrc-4.2/cdm/src/main/java folder, but no luck. There are lots of jars in those folders but not sure which one i need and i guess it is not a good practise to add them all.

Any help is welcome!

Comment

The source files from the iGlobe subversion repository do not seem to have some of the needed files for iGlobe, and compile errors result. For instance gov/ornl/iglobe/features/analysis/SpatialAggregateFeature.java uses an import for gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis.SpatialAggregat ionTool and uses another import for gov.ornl.iglobe.features.core.IConstants and neither one exist. Another example: gov.ornl.iglobe.features.analysis.Abstra ctToolFeature.java uses an import for gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis.AnalysisTool which also doesn't exist in the subversion repository. Many other examples of similar (AnomalyAnalysisPanel, AnomalyDetectionParameterPanel, etc. Did I miss something or is the latest repository simply missing some files? I got my source files from: https://worldwind23.arc.nasa.gov/iglobe/ Thanks. Looks like it will be awesome once I have all the files and can compile it.

Comment

The problem with the incomplete repository (missing classes like gov.ornl.iglobe.features.core.IConstants ) https://worldwind23.arc.nasa.gov/iglobe persists even today (March 10, 2014).
              Do you have the information please, whether the repository is abandoned, or will this be fixed ?

Thanks.

Comment

The repository has been fixed. Kindly try again and let me know if the problem persists.

Comment

Dear VCO,
                  thanks for the prompt answer. I tried to checkout the repository - with reported success.

However building the iGlobe, it still reports the missing files, for example:
                  gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis.AnomalyAnalysis Panel
                  gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis.FFTAnalysisTool
                  gov.ornl.iglobe.features.core.IConstants

Below is a sample of compilation output.
                  Thanks.

Sample of compilation output:
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java:19: error: cannot find symbol
                  import gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis.AnomalyAnalysis Panel;
                  ^
                  symbol: class AnomalyAnalysisPanel
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java:21: error: cannot find symbol
                  import gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis.FFTAnalysisTool ;
                  ^
                  symbol: class FFTAnalysisTool
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\Ana lysisPanel.java:48: error: cannot find s
                  ymbol
                  protected AnalysisTool analysisTool;
                  ^
                  symbol: class AnalysisTool
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java:283: error: cannot find symbol
                  FFTAnalysisTool tool = new FFTAnalysisTool();
                  ^
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java:283: error: cannot find symbol
                  FFTAnalysisTool tool = new FFTAnalysisTool();
                  ^
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java:312: error: cannot find symbol
                  AnomalyAnalysisPanel anomalyAnalysisPanel = new AnomalyAnalysisP
                  anel(this,this,
                  ^
                  NCTimeSeriesPanel.java:312: error: cannot find symbol
                  anel(this,this,
                  ^
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\Ana lysisToolFactory.java:26: error: cannot
                  find symbol
                  public static AnalysisTool create(String factoryKey){
                  ^
                  symbol: class AnalysisTool
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\GPC hangeAnalysisPanel.java:83: warning: [un
                  checked] unchecked call to addItem(E) as a member of the raw type JComboBox
                  this.minimizeField.addItem("False");
                  ^
                  where E is a type-variable:
                  E extends Object declared in class JComboBox
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\GPC hangeAnalysisPanel.java:84: warning: [un
                  checked] unchecked call to addItem(E) as a member of the raw type JComboBox
                  this.minimizeField.addItem("True");
                  ^
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\GPC hangeAnalysisPanel.java:115: warning: [u
                  nchecked] unchecked call to addItem(E) as a member of the raw type JComboBox
                  box.addItem(i);
                  ^
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\NCDatasetNod e.java:196: error: cannot find symbol
                  anel(
                  ^
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\NCDatasetNod e.java:196: error: cannot find symbol
                  anel(
                  ^
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\Ana lysisToolFactory.java:28: error: cannot
                  find symbol
                  return new AnomalyAnalysisTool();
                  ^
                  symbol: class AnomalyAnalysisTool
                  ..\..\..\..\gov\ornl\iglobe\analysis\Ana lysisToolFactory.java:30: error: cannot
                  find symbol
                  return new GPChangeAnalysisTool();
                  ^
                  symbol: class GPChangeAnalysisTool

Comment

Just for information following files checked out from the iGlobe repository in package gov.ornl.iglobe.analysis:

AnalysisOption.java
                    AnalysisPanel.java
                    AnalysisToolFactory.java
                    GPChangeAnalysisPanel.java
                    LandScanPopCountService.java
                    LandScanPopCountTool.java
                    RemoteAnomalyDetectionTool.java
                    TimeSeriesData.java

Out of these, only AnalysisOption.java, LandScanPopCountService.java and TimeSeriesData.java compile.

Comment

The SVN repository is currently broken and needs to be rebuild. We are working on it and should be able to resolve it this week.

Comment

Could you check out the latest release. We have made some updates. The SVN repository needed to be rebuilt. Let us know if you still run into issues.

Comment

I just checked out the latest iGlobe code and it all compiles without any errors. Thanks for the update. So all seems fine except the iGlobeApp.java when it launches just has two items on the tool bar, the layer manager which is empty and the coordinates feature which works fine. However, I am assuming more than just those two features are supposed to be available, is that correct? I have attached an image for clarity on what I am speaking of.Click image for larger version

Name:	iglobe1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	110349

Comment

All the features are controlled through the config file:
                            config/IGlobeAppConfiguration.xml

Could you check if the various features are uncommented in that file?

Comment

Yes, Sorry, I was using an old copy of the config that I had previously tweaked to try to make it run. My bad. I reverted to the latest config version and now I am still able to compile all the new code without errors, but running the app yields an error that states: "gov.nasa.worldwindx.applications.worldw indow.features.swinglayermanager.LayerMa nagerDialog initialize
                              SEVERE: Control panel is not registered."

Comment

Working...
                              X