WWJ client caching strategy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWJ client caching strategy

Our customer provides a VM with Windows Server in which we installed the WW map server. Serving map data to our 20+ clients was painfully slow using the WW Server in the VM (we don't have control over the hardware). To get around this, we copied much of the data to a network drive and updated the client configuration to use this network folder as the read cache (so we didn’t have to copy all data to every client). We kept the default location for the write cache.

After doing this, the performance of loading the data into the maps was acceptable.

The issue is that the data is always retrieved from the read cache (on the network folder) and never written to the write cache.

I know the answer is probably “no”, but is there a way to override this behavior to write any data that was retrieved from the “read cache” to the write cache folder if the read and write caches are different locations (or some other configurable means). Since the write cache is the first searched location when finding data, this would allow the clients to eliminate retrieving the same data over the network?

Thank You.

Originally posted by ens121 View Post
    The issue is that the data is always retrieved from the read cache (on the network folder) and never written to the write cache.

I know the answer is probably “no”,...
    The answer is probably "yes".

It's probably more of a challenge trying to find out what you are trying to do.

Do all the clients have access to the web or just your server?
    Do the clients have their own cache?
    Is your read and write cache on the clients machine the same and if not why not?

You can do pretty much what you want.
    I can read/write to a cache on a Win partition when running on Ubuntu, but not the other way.

You can have more than one read and/or write caches.
    Last edited by nlneilson; 03-15-2012, 03:40 AM.
    Neil
    http://www.nlneilson.com

Comment

I have studied many things about coding through the information that you are posted to this site. I am sharing it with my friends so they can also make use of the information on this site. Best CBD Pain Relief Rubs Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X