No announcement yet.

Sun shader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also found this, which we should all probably read http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPU...chapter16.html
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

Good links bull, thanks. The GPU Gems article does explain a couple things about the process. For instance it shines some light on the optical depth buffer - which as i suspected only needs to be computed once.

What is Omega doing?
      Last edited by patmurris; 03-07-2009, 04:35 PM.
      My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Comment

Here is a LensFlare companion layer for sun shading, with the updated SunShading app example for 0.6. But without atmospheric scattering, it is like drinking champagne in a plastic glass

Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Pat, I'm tempted to try and learn some more so I can improve .NET, maybe when I get some free time.
          Bull_[UK]

Comment

I am finally just now finding this great work on sun shading in WWJ! I have been really hoping for this feature! (See a screen shot below for some fun I had using it).

I have a question about the terminator: it seems very "fuzzy" and not as distinct as I would think it should be. Is this related to Omega's latest post (here)? Or is there some other reason?

Here are some images of how I was thinking it should look:

Apollo 8 image

seasons

Apollo 17 / Blue Marble mashup
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear you are having fun with this package.

This implementation does not use shaders or any of the recent work Omega has done on shading. Just geometry surface normals and OGL light.

No particular attention has been devoted to the terminator rendering - it comes out as it is out of the globe geometry resolution. However, the atmospheric scattering should get involved on that matter, but it is not in the actual implementation where only the atmosphere beyond the horizon and up is rendered.

Comment

thank you for your tip!
                Originally posted by nlneilson
                Your post may get more response if you put it in the forum:

Android Discussion

World Wind on Android

Comment

Working...
                X