X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWJ2.0 - java 8 - Eclipse

I ran into a problem so posted here:
    http://forum.worldwindcentral.com/sh...t=35726&page=2

That may have been with my Eclipse setup so started a new workspace with the complete 572.1172 and nearly all had the red 'x'.

Eclipse pop-up fixes had a suggested fix similar to "at least 1.5 is needed"
    Clicked that and a majority of the 'x's were gone but I have java 8. It would be good to have the WWJ2.0 code compatible with java 8.

Several other errors were for '@override so clicked to remove those.

Another error was for mac os so commented that out.

Previously AFAIR there was a sticky for Eclipse setup which is gone.
    It would be good to have that again for 2.0.
    I tried Idea before and will not go that route.

Trying HellowWorldWind the console an error in part:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.AbstractMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V
    	at gov.nasa.worldwind.util.WWXML.createDocumentBuilder(WWXML.java:61)
    	at gov.nasa.worldwind.util.WWXML.openDocumentStream(WWXML.java:236)
    	at gov.nasa.worldwind.util.WWXML.openDocumentStream(WWXML.java:223)
    Win 7 64 bit
    java 8
    AMD
    WWJ1.5 works great.
    Neil
    http://www.nlneilson.com

I am trying to run an example in eclipse and keep running into the same issue. Were you able to resolve it? What worked?

Comment

Grim
      I don't recall that far back but even on a 64bit machine I found less problems with the 32bit java rather than the 64bit java.
      In ubuntu linux the 64bit java was a real pain and changed to 32bit to get anything to work with NWWJ. Download and work with the latest WWJ v2.1.0 code.
      Neil
      http://www.nlneilson.com

Comment

I can't seem to import/build wwj 2.1 into Eclipse as I did before for 2.0 via java project new->project->from existing ant file->worldwind/build.xml (Eclipse mars 4.5.2) -- It complains that "specified buildfile does not contain a javac task." build.properties defines worldwind.jdk=1.8. Build.macros.xml is imported by build.xml - build.macros.xml comments state "The javac attributes 'source' and 'target' are configured by the property worldwind.jdk.version in order to explicitly define the java compiler version.

Adding the compile target previously defined in wwj 2.0 that defines javac in build.xml loads worldwind into eclipse but compilation of my application fails. Obvioiusly that isn't the correct solution... Can anyone give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong? I scoured the forums and could not find anything... Thanks!

Comment

For others having similar issue, I ended up adding a javac directive to the worldwind/build.xml in order to load the project into eclipse : <javac scrdir="src" destdir="bin" />

I assume the directive was removed for a valid reason so not sure this is the best approach...

Comment

Working...
          X