Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launching worldwind demo shows black screen with no globe

Hi all,

Launching NASA's demo Scankort Denmark Data just shows a black screen with stars where I assume the globe should be. I'm guessing this is due to artifacts not successfully downloading. I can see a "Downloading" text in the bottom right, but leaving it for a while doesn't seem to do much. Zooming out will show the globe. I am using version 2.2.0 and Java 11. I just updated my Graphics Drivers to the latest version. I also looked at https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/java/...mmon-problems/. In particular, I looked at the first problem where I think my problem may lie on Map Layers not downloading. Using Eclipse and WorldWind Java, I do not see a HTTP 301 error displayed in the console output.

After leaving it for about 3 minutes, I get a bit of landscape to load. See 2nd picture. Surely it should not take this long to download (I have 100mb/s download speed), I have WorldWind2.2.0 downloaded on my PC, is there a way for it to use artefacts from there (if it has it), rather than downloading from the server.
Working...
X