Large shape file issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large shape file issues

TL;DR: Big shape files, lots of polygons, how to display faster? And how to use elevation data?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have some shape files Iím trying display. I used some of the WW examples and have code that creates layers to display the shapes. This works.

However, the files have a lot of shapes in them. One has 50,000+, the other 70,000+. This creates a bunch of polygons, which slows things down a lot.

I tried to instead add the created polygons to a SurfaceObjectTileBuilder, but havenít been able to get that to display anything. Not sure if this is a valid approach.

Finally, besides just displaying them, Iíd like to add them to the elevation model (or something), so that I can use the elevation data, at least internally. If I query the elevation at that point, I would get the shape altitude, not ground altitude.

Thanks.

This is one of those solved my own issue things. I looked through more of the examples and found one using a ShapefileLayerFactory. This is much faster than reading through the file myself and creating a line or polygon for each thing in it. This was called "Shapefiles.java" in the examples directory.

I still need to see about using the elevation data.

Comment

Working...
    X