Only one SurfacePolygon per layer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one SurfacePolygon per layer

I'm new to WWJ, but have been developing in Java for about 6 years at this point (Just for some background).

I've been following and modifying example code to fit my needs. Recently when I was experimenting the "Polygons.java" class, I wanted to see what happened when the shapes were changed to SurfacePolygon classes instead of just Polygon.

I found that only the last SurfacePolygon added to the RenderableLayer would be displayed, whether added one by one or all at once. Is this the desired behavior? I have a project in mind that might use about 10,000 SurfacePolygons at once, and it would seem rather inefficient to create a new layer for each polygon!

I also tried to use the SurfacePolygons (notice the s) class, but I need to be able to display many different colors, and the render had everything as grey.

Never mind! It looks like I misunderstood how the SurfacePolygon class worked. I was using a loop and overwriting a list of Positions each time. The calculated positions in the loop were used to create a polygon and were then destroyed on the next iteration. It looks like the SurfacePolygon might have been referencing the original object when I cleared the points away. Hence, only the last polygon was rendered. The same was true of the ShapeAttributes given to each SurfacePolygon.

Comment

It is strange that you are among very few persons who post questions and comments about WWJ on this forum.

Comment

Working...
      X