SurfaceImageLayer fading out the bottom and right borders of the image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurfaceImageLayer fading out the bottom and right borders of the image

I've looked all over for an answer to this issue, but I can't seem to find anything.

Essentially, I'm doing something like this:

SurfaceImageLayer sLayer0 = new SurfaceImageLayer();
    sLayer0.addImage("image", binaryImage);
    wwd.getModel().getLayers().add(sLayer0);

I've noticed that every image I add this way has a weird fade on the bottom and right borders of the image, while the top and left borders do not.

The first picture is of a white png being overlayed (using the SurfaceImageLayer). You can see how the right side and the bottom side are blurry.

The second picture is the same image, but the upper left corner, where the top and the left side has no blur, and a well defined edge.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Ok, well if anyone else stumbles upon this thread, I fixed it. I'm not sure why the SurfaceImageLayer renders that way; I tracked it very far down into some of the openGL stuff before I gave up. My work around was to instead create a SurfaceImage class, set the image source, and then add it to a SurfaceImageLayer, which was then added as a renderable layer. This proved to work, and my images stopped having a weird blur.

Comment

Yes, nice solve. Like you found, I think you must add a SurfaceImage to the SurfaceImageLayer, and not just a regular image. A surface image will conform to the surface of the globe whereas an image is just an image that has not been warped and formed to perfectly fit the surface of the globe. SurfaceImageLayer and SurfaceImage work together for the full surface image feature and both are needed as far as I know.

Comment

It would be great to add a SurfaceImage to the SurfaceImageLayer.

Comment

I think you must add a SurfaceImage to the SurfaceImageLayer, and not just a regular image. A surface image will conform to the surface of the globe whereas an image is just an image that has not been warped and formed to perfectly fit the surface of the globe. krogerfeedback

Comment

Working...
          X