Announcement

Collapse

WorldWind project shut down, this site probably will be too.

Hello all,

With the recent announcement that the NASA World Wind project has been shut down (https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/news/...ension-notice/) there is really very little reason to continue running this forum, and as NASA staff were providing most of the moderation and responses it will likely fill up with spam shortly.

Unless something changes in the near future, I will be shutting down worldwindcentral.com as well as this forum, as it is no longer useful. Most of the data on WWC is referencing the legacy C# version of World Wind anyway.

Thanks,
Matt.
See more
See less

Unable to zoom on touch screen with Java 8 and Windows 10 (changes in AWT events)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to zoom on touch screen with Java 8 and Windows 10 (changes in AWT events)

This problem exists with NWW installed on windows 10 workstation, using java 1.8.0_181. On windows 7, whatever java version used, on gesture "pinch" on a touch screen, NWW receives some MOUSE_WHEEL awt events, which leads to a zoom action.
    On windows 10, with java version 1.8.0_112, on gesture "pinch" on a touch screen, TC2 receives some MOUSE_WHEEL awt events, which leads to a zoom action.
    On windows 10, with java version 1.8.0_181, on gesture "pinch" on a touch screen, TC2 receives only MOUSE_DRAGGED awt events, which can't lead to a zoom action...

So with windows 10 and java version 1.8.0_181, user is not able to zoom with a gesture on a touch screen.

Anybody observed the same behaviour and found a solution ?

• Benedicte Cuisset
    replied
    Yes, I agree, that would be great !

Leave a comment:

• frenchy
    replied
    I guess WWJ should be ported now to JavaFX natively... (not only with the WWGLJPanel). There are all kind of events afaik (SWIPE_LEFT, SWIPE_RIGHT...). I volunteer !

Leave a comment:

• Benedicte Cuisset
    replied
    Yes, I know for these custom handlers. The problem is the following : on a simple mouse-dragged event, the action do do is a move of the map, not a zoom. A zoom should be done only on a pinch gesture (with 2 fingers). And with this configuration (windows 10 and java version 1.8.0_181), in case of a pinch gesture, we receive only one mouse-dragged : we are not able to know if it comes from a simple mouse-dragged or a pinch gesture...

Leave a comment:

• tlt
    replied
    There are two entries in the worldwind.xml config file that allow you to specify custom handlers: InputHandlerClassName and ViewInputHandlerClassName. One option is to extend AWTInputHandler.java to a TouchScreenInputHandler class that either zooms on a mouse_dragged events, or re-routes the events back to a mouse wheel event on the view. Updating the InputHandlerClassName entry in the config file would now route mouse events through your custom code.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X