Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to zoom on touch screen with Java 8 and Windows 10 (changes in AWT events)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to zoom on touch screen with Java 8 and Windows 10 (changes in AWT events)

This problem exists with NWW installed on windows 10 workstation, using java 1.8.0_181. On windows 7, whatever java version used, on gesture "pinch" on a touch screen, NWW receives some MOUSE_WHEEL awt events, which leads to a zoom action.
    On windows 10, with java version 1.8.0_112, on gesture "pinch" on a touch screen, TC2 receives some MOUSE_WHEEL awt events, which leads to a zoom action.
    On windows 10, with java version 1.8.0_181, on gesture "pinch" on a touch screen, TC2 receives only MOUSE_DRAGGED awt events, which can't lead to a zoom action...

So with windows 10 and java version 1.8.0_181, user is not able to zoom with a gesture on a touch screen.

Anybody observed the same behaviour and found a solution ?

• Benedicte Cuisset
    replied
    Yes, I agree, that would be great !

Leave a comment:

• frenchy
    replied
    I guess WWJ should be ported now to JavaFX natively... (not only with the WWGLJPanel). There are all kind of events afaik (SWIPE_LEFT, SWIPE_RIGHT...). I volunteer !

Leave a comment:

• Benedicte Cuisset
    replied
    Yes, I know for these custom handlers. The problem is the following : on a simple mouse-dragged event, the action do do is a move of the map, not a zoom. A zoom should be done only on a pinch gesture (with 2 fingers). And with this configuration (windows 10 and java version 1.8.0_181), in case of a pinch gesture, we receive only one mouse-dragged : we are not able to know if it comes from a simple mouse-dragged or a pinch gesture...

Leave a comment:

• tlt
    replied
    There are two entries in the worldwind.xml config file that allow you to specify custom handlers: InputHandlerClassName and ViewInputHandlerClassName. One option is to extend AWTInputHandler.java to a TouchScreenInputHandler class that either zooms on a mouse_dragged events, or re-routes the events back to a mouse wheel event on the view. Updating the InputHandlerClassName entry in the config file would now route mouse events through your custom code.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X