Java 11 and WorldWind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java 11 and WorldWind

Has anyone attempted to build a WorldWind project using Java 9 or beyond? We have been developing with WorldWind for many years, but we're beginning to think about the upcoming changes with Java and how to proceed. We are currently developing with the latest Java 8 update (Java SE 1.8.0_181) and have not even downloaded a Java version beyond version 8.

Just very curious if anyone has experimented with this or knows if it will even be possible to compile a WorldWind project with Java 11?

Hi, to not really answer your question, but as a side note...
    I use the WorldWind Java SDK (as external libraries) on my project which is compiled with Oracle Java 10 and there are some warning at runtime (in OpenGL code in gluegen-rt.jar) telling me that some code will fail soon...

HTML Code:
    WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3 (file:/home/sbodmer/Sources/netbeans/JWorldWindEarth/lib/worldwind/gluegen-rt.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3
    WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Comment

sbodmer, thanks for the response! That is very interesting and helpful. Is that the only warning on Java 10 or are there others? I am suspicious that this warning will probably become a failure in Java 11 and that there will likely be quite a few others.

I am waiting for Java 11 to be released before spending time digging into this. Hopefully that will happen later this month.

Thanks again for the response!

Comment

Curious if anyone else has experimented with WorldWind and Java 10 or an early release of Java 11?

Comment

Working...
        X