Open Second Instance of WorldWind Application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Second Instance of WorldWind Application

I have a java application that does implement WorldWind. Prior to implementing WorldWind, I could open as many instances of the program as I wanted. Now, since I have a WorldWind chart created as a WorldWindGLJPanel, I can only open one instance of my program.

Here is the error in terminal:

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
    ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
    JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750]

When this happens, I have issues with Java. after I close the already open application, Java doesn't close properly. I will continue to get this error until I open task manager and force java.exe to end process.

Is this built into WorldWind by design or am I missing something in my setup of the globe? I had issues with this earlier where I had the globe render in the background, but if you didn't actually open the WorldWind view in the application, the same error would happen if you closed the application and tried to open it again. Now since I have stopped the creation of the WorldWind globe until the view is selected, I ONLY have this issue if I close out of my program incorrectly or if I try to open a second instance of the application.

Any guidance or suggestions would be very helpful.

Hi
    Do you use wwd.shutdown() ?
    See the Shutdown example. Are you in javafx ? (May be related)
    What do you mean wwd in the background ?
    Txs

Comment

Yes i had this kind of problem while playing around with Javafx and WwGLJPanel...
      Some multiglobe ww examples translated to javafx do work, some others dont.
      Be sure to use wwd.shutdown()
      Cant tell more
      Rgrds

Comment

Originally posted by frenchy View Post
        Yes i had this kind of problem while playing around with Javafx and WwGLJPanel...
        Some multiglobe ww examples translated to javafx do work, some others dont.
        Be sure to use wwd.shutdown()
        Cant tell more
        Rgrds
        wwd.shutdown() looks like it helps with closing the resources for the globe properly? I'm looking to be able to have two instances of my program open at the same time so multiple globes can be open, but really haven't been able to get this to work. I'll try the shutdown and see if it helps though. Thanks for your time!

Comment

Working...
        X