NASA Software of the Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA Software of the Year

When Pumba in Lion King asks Timon "What's a motto?" Timon says "Nothin', whats a-motto with you?!"

NASA's motto is "For the benefit of all." Not a bad description for Open Source software in general, but in this case, particularly well proven when a NASA open source software program also gets the NASA equivalent of the Oscar. World Wind has been awarded the NASA Software of the Year!

Dear Open Source Community, THANK YOU for your incredible support in QA/QC and code contributions!!! Together we can effectively establish and rapidly evolve the infrastructure for spatial data, one that can benefit all forever.

Thank you for opening up such a great piece of software and for fighting to keep it going for all these years, it's great to see the black sheep of the NASA family finally getting the praise it deserves, well done everyone, Pat M, Pat H, Chris, Randy, Jessi, Tom G and everyone else at NASA.
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

Huh? We ain't no sheep! Unless of course your are thinking of World Wind as the Golden Fleece!!!

Comment

Heh, no I meant your department has often been overlooked by the rest of NASA and has had to constantly fight to stay around.
        Bull_[UK]

Comment

A BIG Congratulations from us in Australia. The WorldWind project continues to amaze us with it's potential, flexibility and geniune innovativeness. It's great too see you guys getting the recognition you deserve. Keep up the awesome work.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow! Congratulations and keep up the good work, guys.
            Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Congratulations !!!

and a big THANK YOU from France !!!
              NASA WorldWind is a great piece of opensource code by many aspects. It's the golden standard of java programming and everyone can play with it, build great applications on top of it, contribute, exchange with a growing community...
              I'm glad your hard work is recognized by NASA, I know that leading this project is an every day challenge.
              Once again, congratulations to the team for their excellent work and commitment ;-)

Nicolas
              Nicolas Vila
              Geomatics/Software engineer
              Thales Services, Toulouse, France
              Formerly: EOLI project (ESA), Earth Online LInk

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Grats!!

//CM

Comment

Congrats Patrick!

Comment

Congratilations to the entire WWJ team.
                        Mariano Cecowski
                        http://gaeaplus.si

Comment

Had to post in this thread - Congrats. It has been a pleasure working with you guys.

what_nick.
                          Coding This and That in World Wind and helping new people out, as long as they don't pester too much.
                          Currently blogging at: http://whatnicklife.blogspot.com
                          Working at:
                          Aerometrex - http://aerometrex.com.au/blog/
                          Impact so far:

Comment

Congrads! I am always hearing the word "Amazing" from people who see my maps in MyUniPortal using your sofware!

Best Regards,
                            Tony Anecito
                            Founder,
                            MyUniPortal
                            http://www.myuniportal.com

Comment

Congratulations WWJ Team! I'm very excited to see that you have been recognized for your hard work. This is an outstanding project. Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X