WWJ 0.5 to 0.6 Migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWJ 0.5 to 0.6 Migration

As you migrate code and applications to the World Wind Java 0.6 version, please keep and share notes, comments and issues here for the benefit of all.

Thank you.
    Last edited by patmurris; 03-07-2009, 01:39 AM.
    My World Wind Java Blog & WW.net Plugins page

Package "gov.nasa.worldwind.layers.Mercator.exam ples" should be renamed to
    "gov.nasa.worldwind.layers.mercator.exam ples" (all lower case)

Probably not a problem in case insensitive environments.
    Mariano Cecowski
    http://gaeaplus.si

Comment

Thank you Pat for creating this post. I think it will be very helpful.

First I have a problem with the new ElevationModel class, the methods isEnabled() and setEnabled() have disappeared. How i can manage to do disable Elevation with the new API?

Secondly how is going the refresh layer patch integration? (http://issues.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/browse/WWJ-142)
      This functionality is very important for me and i don't think this represent a lot of work to integrate it in the SDK. I can update the patch for WWJ 0.6 if you want so you just will have to check it.
      -Nicolas CASTEL- Thales Alenia Space, Toulouse, France-

Comment

No work has been done so far regarding the layers 'live refresh' capability and i've no idea if and when we will get to this. In the mean time please migrate your fix for others to use. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Pat for LayerManagerLayer.java
          I add it to my layer list with this line
          Code:
          				new LayerManagerLayer(wwd),
          http://www.nlneilson.com/wwposts/LayerManager.jpg
          This takes up less screen space.
          http://www.nlneilson.com/wwposts/LayerManager2.jpg
          I may change it to black text on white background as outside even in the shade it is hard to read.

edit:
          Code:
              private Color backColor = Color.decode("#eeeeee");
          //    private Color backColor = Color.WHITE;
          This sets the background color the same as the default for the status bar/s.
          http://www.nlneilson.com/wwposts/LayerManager3.jpg
          Last edited by nlneilson; 03-17-2009, 11:12 PM.
          Neil
          http://www.nlneilson.com

Comment

Originally posted by vash View Post
            I have a problem with the new ElevationModel class, the methods isEnabled() and setEnabled() have disappeared. How i can manage to do disable Elevation with the new API?
            How about just using terrain.ZeroElevationModel instead of using and disabling the Earth one?

Comment

Originally posted by patmurris View Post
              How about just using terrain.ZeroElevationModel instead of using and disabling the Earth one?
              Thank you ! this solution works.

Comment

Looks like TrackMarkerLayer has been removed... Is this correct and anyone know the reason why it was removed?

Thanks,
                -Andrew

Comment

Track markers have been reworked. Have a look at examples.Markers and MarkersOrder.

Comment

Ok... that's cool! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Here is the patch for the layer refresh functionality migrated to the 0.6 version of WorldWind. I hope to see it soon integrated in the WorldWind SDK.
                      Attached Files

Comment

some migration comments

I came across the following issues when migrating from wwj0.5.

I notice that SurfaceSector.java
                        does not have a getSector().

I could compile worldwind-0.6.42.9259 with Java 5 but not 6 because I am getting an erasure error, due to the static method generic argument in Position.java:
                        public static boolean positionsCrossDateLine(Iterable<? extends Position> positions) clashing with
                        public static boolean positionsCrossDateLine(Iterable<? extends LatLon> positions) in Latlon.java.
                        I replaced this by
                        public static boolean positionsCrossDateLine(Iterable positions)

I also found some differences in the worldwind.properties and changed the following:
                        gov.nasa.worldwind.avkey.TessellatorClas sName=gov.nasa.worldwind.globe.Rectangul arTessellator
                        to
                        gov.nasa.worldwind.avkey.TessellatorClas sName=gov.nasa.worldwind.terrain.Rectang ularTessellator
                        and use
                        gov.nasa.worldwind.avkey.DataFileStoreCl assName=gov.nasa.worldwind.cache.BasicDa taFileStore
                        gov.nasa.worldwind.avkey.DataFileStoreCo nfigurationFileName=config/DataFileStore.xml
                        instead of the BasicDataCacheFile

Comment

Said that there is a collision detection example. I cannot see anything about it. Where is it in the source?

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by patmurris View Post
                            Sometimes it is necessary to switch between zero- elevation state and non-zero elevation state, so the methods isEnabled() and setEnabled() are definitely needed. How can I deal with this task?

Another issue. The Class CompoundElevationModel has addElevationModel() method, but has no remove method (such as removeElevationModel() ) . How to disable a certain localElevationModel that has been added into the CompoundElevationModel?

Additionally, in the class of HawaiianIslandsElevationModel, it seems the source of elevation data, "testData/Hawaii/Kauai/elevations/kauai-elevations-geo.bil", is not available, so there is no any real example which can give a demo to overlay/integrate elevation data of various source. Can anybody explain how to use the addElevations(String filePath) method of the class LocalElevationModel? What formats of elevation files are supported for the parameter 'String filePath', and in what cases there needs a world file?

Can anybody offer my help?
                            Thanks a bunch in advance!

Comment

Sorry about the false hope with collision detection, this should have been worded differently. The only related example is the AirspaceBuilder i think, where spheres intersection is detected - nothing to kill for

Comment

Working...
                              X