Announcement

Collapse

WorldWind project shut down, this site probably will be too.

Hello all,

With the recent announcement that the NASA World Wind project has been shut down (https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/news/...ension-notice/) there is really very little reason to continue running this forum, and as NASA staff were providing most of the moderation and responses it will likely fill up with spam shortly.

Unless something changes in the near future, I will be shutting down worldwindcentral.com as well as this forum, as it is no longer useful. Most of the data on WWC is referencing the legacy C# version of World Wind anyway.

Thanks,
Matt.
See more
See less

Super Computer capability added to MyUniPortal WWJ apps...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Computer capability added to MyUniPortal WWJ apps...

Hi All,
    We have just started our installation of supercomputer capabilities to MyUniPortal Apps. By Monday we should have super computer capability available for our Mapping and other apps.
    Several governments in the recent past have asked us about that so we are in the process of adding thousands upon thousands of RISC processors so we can expand our capabilities way beyond what the public has ever had access to. So stay tuned here on WWJ forums for new never before seen capabilities in geospacial applications to help people!

Best Regards,
    -Tony Anecito
    Founder/President
    MyUniPortal LLC
    http://www.myuniportal.com

The first node of our Super Computer cluster the "Defenders" is now online. Named the "Vision" this super computer node will be used for initial development and production support for our second generation Quantum applications. The "Vision" will be used for threat detection and avoidance. It's second mission will be pattern recognition for scientific study. We are quite excited about the possibilities for next year and the role WWJ API will play in it.

Have a great holiday!
    Tony Anecito
    Founder and President
    MyUniPortal LLC
    http://www.myuniportal.com

Comment

Real Venus 3D app had been running smooth on my Note 8 which earlier used to run Android N. However upon updating to Android O the app is simply crashing any help?
      Varsham
      Appvalley Tutuapp Tweakbox

Comment

Hi Varsham,
        I will recompile tonight with the latest libraries for O support. I did that recently for Mars and the Moon apps. That might be the issue. I do not have a device with O running on it for testing yet.

Best Regards,
        -Tony

Comment

Hi Varsham,
          I updated the app to support version O. Let me know if you have issues. Google has not reported any issues for my Venus app for some time but it could have missed your errors.

Best Regards,
          -Tony

Comment

May you just elaborate how this App exactly work. Because it seems look good app for computer and i have a blog about windows OS and i want to mention this app and this page on that.

Comment

Hi Karela,
              The free app was replaced by a set of free Mobile Apps for the Android. Most of the functionality was put into our Mobile Apps including very high speed AI to detect certain surface anomalies. The Windows app has Geospatial capability, Video and Html Viewers. At one time it had voice recognition. We also had testing in the desktop version. We use Microsoft sat data and have many layers for weather, forest fires and earthquakes. The Mobile apps have a unique layer to detect high energy events such as nuclear explosions or meteor impacts. We also added temperature and drought layers. Also unique in Mobile but helpful to Asia is direction and distance of earthquakes and high energy events I mentioned above. I also in both desktop and Mobile have filters such as sharpness, brightness, grey and others. Meant to help people looking at my Planet Apps such as the Moon, Mars and Venus. We not only have Mobile Apps for Earth but also for the Planets with most of the same functionality. I added the capability to do flybys and build and save your own custom ones in addition to a few that we added to the apps.
              The Mobile App has saved lives and educated people from Africa to Finland and Russia to Australia. The Desktop version had a profound effect on Apple also. The desktop won a major engineering award and praise from Google Labs and I am hoping to see the Mobile apps do the same some day.

So I have taken the classroom to the people and put it in the palm of their hands worldwide!.

On my web site I have example screenshots and videos that show some of what the apps can do. You can check them out on my website http://www.myuniportal.com

Best Regards,
              -Tony Anecito
              Founder/CEO MyUniPortal

Comment

Working...
              X