This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pat,

Thanks we will take a look at it. Currently we are working on a release for Monday then will look at Celestia. Since our original thoughts were not to duplicate WorldWind .net but just provide a simple interface like we are for video and some other areas we have not given thought to the topic here. Good news is our pursuit of more features and desire to be more than GE has taken us further than expected towards what you are talking about.
    After this next release we will be working more on some new interfaces perhaps using JavaFX so stay tuned for that. Be interesting to see how WWJ works with JavaFX and we will let you know.

Best Regards,
    Tony Anecito
    Founder,
    MyUniPortal
    http://www.myuniportal.com

Comment

WWJ SDK and JavaFx

Any updates on this? I'm looking to see if anyone has successfully built something with this combination.

Thanks!

Comment

What would you think of starting with a compiled version of
        gov.nasa.worldwind.examples.WWJDemo ?

And maybe
        gov.nasa.worldwind.examples.WMSLayerMana ger ?

I would propose very slight modifications (use system look and feel, use different folder structure and cache location) and create some scripts to start these applications.

This could be deployed as a downloadable zip-file, which would only need an installed JRE on the client machine.

Comment

The 4+ years that have passed since my original post has pulled me in many different professional directions. It seems appropriate, now that I'm working with WWJ again, to re-ask: Has anyone created a WWJ reference application?

Having been working with different technologies, I've been a bit out of the loop as far as WWJ goes. Is there still an interest?

Thanks,
          Ray

Comment

4 years later and a case of wine still on the line, sure, why not?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Patrick. We have some preliminary discussions going on internally concerning this. If all works out on our end, we'll contact you offline...

Ray

Comment

A bit late in the discussion, but I started to code my own reference application, you can find a preview at
                https://github.com/sbodmer/JWorldWindEarth
                There is also a link for a live preview (Java Web Start)
                Any contributions or feed-back welcome...

Tip: try the OSMBuildings layer in New York...
                Last edited by sbodmer; 12-11-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Hello All and Thanks sbodmer for showing up this thread I was not aware of!

I launched your app, it's neat and nice, however I did not manage to load the OpenBuildings layer, like we did in another thread.
                  https://forum.worldwindcentral.com/f...w-to-deploy-it
                  Also I lost the wwd by clicking around... No NPE however, that must be a misusage (I need a training trip to Genova ;-)
                  BTW, it is already nicely polished (Nimbus style, right ?). Keep going !

About the idea of a reference application for WWJ, I think also I could deliver my own app, which shows now almost ALL (yes ALL) WWJ Demos and examples.
                  You may have a look at screen-dumps I store in a public google photo album :
                  https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...vC1VgUcshuX1Z0
                  Enjoy the full-screen images !

Personnaly, I preferred to keep the regular Swing (still a lot utilized) and built a side JavaFX version (using the WorldWindGJPanel),
                  with functionnalities absolutely replicated. No big problem so far, except a few "Platform.runLater()" to set in some places... and a lot of "J"s to remove!
                  but also a lot of UI code to extract, convert, refactor... to avoid pure copy/paste/edit.
                  I did that for my own fun, but also to show what i believe are my java skills, when I apply for a new job...

If there is a NASA guy around here, I'm ready to collaborate ! And also ESA, being an european citizen !

If you hang around my google photo albums, there are also Planets (USGS), and JavaFX/Swing dumps.

Cheers!
                  Jean-Yves

PS: For Patrick, the case of wine from South-East France is not the best you can find, I prefer Bordeaux or my local Madiran wine...

Comment

Hi (again) frenchy, your right I forced the "nimbus" L&F.

Can you give me more information about why it failed to load the "OSMBuldings" layer (have you added the new layer, it's not there by default for a fresh start)...
                    This layer is the most interesting one, so, I will try to make it working everywhere...
                    BTW I included your gazeeter code your published in this forum (included in the geocoding layer)

Bye

PS: Your link on the google photo album seems to be broken

Comment

Hi sbodmer,
                      These google photos links are quite messy, sometimes there is a "u/3" after the "album/", sometimes not, on my phone, it's "u/0/"...?.. You may try this one :
                      https://photos.app.goo.gl/MF3p2eRq2Oaicig42
                      I didn't see the OSM Buildings in your app, probably because my IP is banned from our first experience with OSMBuildings :-( I'll try with another computer as soon as I can.
                      Glad to see there are pieces of "my" Gazetter in your app, did you notice there is a new gazetteer in town, named Photon (another OSM project). The decoding is slightly different.
                      In your app, I figured out the wwd was hidden on the right of a splitpane, so it's really a misusage on my side, sorry!
                      Bye

Comment

The OSMBuilding server seems not to be very reliable (if nothing appears, simply click "clear" in the layer configuration and try again).

frenchy Whouaa !!! very nice, you have a lot of layers in your application...
                        ...if you would like to open source some of them, I will be glad to integrate it in my app.

Comment

All layers are public WMS, I don't host anything. I tried long ago to host mars and moon elevations with no success, if anyone knows how to do that (with new WW server ?) I offer a bottle of Madiran!

Comment

Sorry sbodmer, I can't get any building to pop_up even on another computer (my son's where C: is full of games perhaps). I cleared the cache several times, but I have BasicRetrievalService:71 errors, and also some Json parse errors like we add before (not the colors but something else?). All above NYC. Only big green walls (processing grid). Maybe you're banned too ? :-(. Also a NPE while clicking around, see below.

My layers are all public. I don't host or serve anything. I tried in the past to host mars and moon elevations but didn't manage to have these working :(
                            Some layers are not pure WMS, just tiled layers. Contact me if you want some code related to special layers, I'll send you the java files.

Have a nice week-end ! Here in Pau, no coulds at all, and sun will make the snow in mountains shine bright!
                            --frenchy

Code:
                            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
                            Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
                                at org.osmbuildings.JOSMBuildingsWWEFactory.actionPerformed(JOSMBuildingsWWEFactory.java:139)
                                at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
                                at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
                                at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
                                at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
                                at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                                at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
                            Last edited by frenchy; 12-16-2017, 11:26 AM. Reason: add error stack

Comment

Hi frenchy
                              Thanks for the bug report, the problem lies in the "cache" folder under Windows 10 being not created, I fixed it.
                              I deployed a new JWS version with the fix (can you check if it works now).

For the integration of some of your layer, I will contact you via private message on this forum.
                              Here in Geneva, it started to snow, nice feeling, holidays are coming soon...

Bye

Comment

Hi all or anyone concerned,
                                I almost ended up porting the historical SAR (Search And Rescue) WWJ application to JavaFX... It is a kind of revival ! See the end of :
                                https://photos.app.goo.gl/MF3p2eRq2Oaicig42
                                lf anyone interested and has funding (pretty rare these days), please contact me!
                                It's all within the regular worldwind/worldwindx source code, with all of the features rewritten/refactored you can see in the above link. All dual Swing/FX..(https://goo.gl/photos/CzZPGWUDdjV34z187) With Planets...(https://goo.gl/photos/EkUd41YPEkxwuNcQ7)

I would be proud and honoured to supply a brand new WWJ to Nasa ! (kind of "fresh restart")
                                BTW, Season's Greetings to all, Happy Christmas (late) and Happy New Year 2018 (early)
                                Last edited by frenchy; 01-03-2018, 12:46 PM. Reason: added Sun in the planets... Now HNY!

Comment

Working...
                                X