Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USGS ortho detail

Here is an image of my neighborhood captured from the Terraserver site:

And here is the same area captured with WW1.3.1 (after reloading cache with F5):

If Terraserver is providing the images for the urban orthographic illustrations, why can they be accessed via the Terraserver site directly, but not via WW1.3.1?

Well, for one your not getting in close enough. What is the lat and long of the images? What WW displaces is the same as what terraserver sends out since they are hosting the data.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

When I attempt to move in closer, I see:

The long/lat indication is included in the photo. Pressing F5 results in a reloading of the tiles. Leaving the system up for an hour or two doesn't download any more tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by OES@Apr 3 2005, 04:43 PM
        When I attempt to move in closer, I see:

The long/lat indication is included in the photo. Pressing F5 results in a reloading of the tiles. Leaving the system up for an hour or two doesn't download any more tiles.
        I just tried that exact location and I don't get an image as clear as the Terraserver screenshot you posted, but it's definately much better than what your seeing in WW. Not sure what the problem is. Also, I get the same effect if I zoom in too far.

Maybe something going on with elevation data in that area

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Fox@Apr 4 2005, 04:59 AM
          I just tried that exact location and I don't get an image as clear as the Terraserver screenshot you posted, but it's definately much better than what your seeing in WW. Not sure what the problem is. Also, I get the same effect if I zoom in too far.

Maybe something going on with elevation data in that area

Matt
          Thats a known bug, try setting vertical exageration to 0 to get higher level images.

Comment

Thank you!!!! Setting the vertical exaggeration to zero did the trick! True, it's not exactly as clear as the Terraserver picture on close examination but very close and certainly much better than that psychedelic experience.

Comment

The USGS EROS Center manages and distributes this orthoimagery, mywegmansconnect which includes black-and-white, natural color, color infrared, and color near-infrared. Digital download products are available in a Georeferenced Tagged Image File Format

Comment

Working...
              X