Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add my photos at specific location

Hi, all
    I took some photos at a place of interest, now I want add those pictures on WorldWind, like popping balloons(as google earth did) or something else. Should I use a plugin or just make a kml file? If a .kml file works, could someone offer me a sample? I'm using WorldWind .net 1.4.0.

Thanks a lot!

The kml reader isn't that good. It has code to pop up an info bubble, but probably doesn't support images. It does support putting a link in there though. I'd look for another plugin.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, James

Well, bubble is not necessary for me, an icon may work too. When I click the icon, it displays a picture on my local disk(sometimes I have to work without internet). What should I do to realize it?

Thank you!

Comment

Using KML you can put a placemark (Icon) on the screen that has a goto link associated with it. When you click the icon, it will launch a browser. WW supports a split screen, and has a limited browser in the other split. You can point that browser to a jpg file on your hard drive and it should display in the other split window. You could also pop up the info bubble, have some text information about the location, with a link that points to a file on your hard drive. So you would just click the icon, and the bubble pops up, then you click the link in the bubble that launches your browser pointing that browser to the file on your hard drive. If you have the screen split, and you choose the option to use the split screen then that is the browser that will be used. There may be a better way using one of the other plugins.

Comment

Thanks James!
          It works! I have added my own icons. But it brings another question, that is when I drag the earth ball, the icon doesn't move with surface. It seems that the icon not stick to the ground? What should I do to fix it?

Comment

How are you doing the icon? With an XML file? That doesn't sound right.

Comment

It works for me too. Thanks
              Business Management Skills

Comment

I still would like to know if there is a plugin.

Thanks

Comment

I'm not familiar with KML file.. any plugins which makes easier?

Comment

Originally posted by James_In_Utah View Post
                    Using KML you can put a placemark (Icon) on the screen that has a goto link associated with it. When you click the icon, it will launch a browser. WW supports a split screen, and has a limited browser in the other split. You can point that browser to a jpg file on your hard drive and it should display in the other split window. You could also pop up the info bubble, have some text information about the location, with a link that points to a file on your hard drive. So you would just click the icon, and the bubble pops up, then you click the link in the bubble that launches your browser pointing that browser to the file on your hard drive. If you have the screen split, and you choose the option to use the split screen then that is the browser that will be used. There may be a better way using one of the other plugins.
                    Thanks! It did work for me!
                    Let's Build It! | Commercial Fence Lakeland

Comment

Working...
                    X