I Need Help Please..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help Please..

Hi I am new here, to be frank I am new to this kind of stuff. I just wanted to help my dad in doing his job. He is a geologist assigned by the government in creating a museum over an area called Bukittinggi in Indonesia (100.33, -0.3095). He is currently busy with seminars meeting up deadlines to his work and asked me to do some research on it. He needs the details of the area (contour maps, topo, etc.). I was hoping that I could use this software to do all those, but, since I am a noob anyway, I need some helps and tips. I can't seem to be able to get the fullest of this software, and I am unable to make this software be any of help for me. So, yeah.. anyone care to give me some enlightenment? please...

Do you have a specific question about something? My mindreading capabilities are running a little slow today.

Comment

Start reading here: http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Main_page
      Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

okay2...

Okay2.. err, how do I get the contour map of the Area? I stumbled upon a thread that was saying that one should MicroDEM or a 3dCrossSection plugin on the World Wind, but as for me, both ways end in no avail. I do not have any idea on how to use MicroDEM, and the 3dcrosssection is returning me a 3d model of the area and i can't get the contour map from that. thx...

Comment

Originally posted by inavlis View Post
          Okay2.. err, how do I get the contour map of the Area? I stumbled upon a thread that was saying that one should MicroDEM or a 3dCrossSection plugin on the World Wind, but as for me, both ways end in no avail. I do not have any idea on how to use MicroDEM, and the 3dcrosssection is returning me a 3d model of the area and i can't get the contour map from that. thx...
          Hello. I don't know if you're still doing this, but do you get the 3D terrain and images showing up for that area in Worldwind ? You should at least get basic hires images and 3D.

Before trying to create something yourself it is probably worth searching (google) for others creating data for Indonesia. It's amazing what's out there.

MouseOnMars
          MyMusic, MyBlog, Space Data Wiki Project

Comment

I'm an instructor of the Lumen Learning course on topography and geologic maps. I can give you some samples with free geology research paper help here. Open "Structure contour mapping" file and find our lab assignments there.

Comment

Working...
            X