Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URI / XML Script specifications (Time Controller parameters)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URI / XML Script specifications (Time Controller parameters)

I've seen the two page wiki on URI and an old document on the XML script components - is there a more thorough spec and/or are there any extra parameters for these two methods?

I'm wanting to use the Time Controller programmatically - through parameters in a URI or XML script.

Specifically, I'm wanting a sunrise over a particular spot, which obviously only really happens at a particular time of day. I'd also like to speed it up a little for dramatic effect; finally, I'd like to be able to use Movie Recorder to capture it... but if I can use scripting of some kind to achieve this effect, the capture part is the easy bit.

Thanks,

The scripting feature was developed by Tom Gaskins (Now the lead developer for NASA's World Wind Java), he seemed to have big plans for it but never completed it, as yet nobody else has volunteered to work on it.
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

And I don't think there is scripting support for the Time Controller, as it wasn't around when scripting was created.
      Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
      Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
      Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

But anyway... scripting doesn't work in 1.4
        Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Originally posted by m_k View Post
          But anyway... scripting doesn't work in 1.4
          XML scripting, no; but the URI method supported by Movie Recorder still works well.

Originally posted by 5of0 View Post
          And I don't think there is scripting support for the Time Controller, as it wasn't around when scripting was created.
          I am answering my own question here, but whilst you can't use URIs to control the Time Controller, I have discovered that the speed (x100 or whatever) continues even after you close the Time Controller window.

So you can set up Time Controller and click the "play" button with a lead time (10s real time or so) then close it, then click "Record" on your Movie Recorder window.

I find recording at x100 works well as that gives WW enough time to draw the image and capture it before it moves on: x1000 is too fast to get smooth animation, and as I said above, you can always speed it up in the edit suite.

Comment

In the Alt+W menu you can change the speed to anything, not just multiples of ten.
            I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
            Road Map for World Wind development and release
            I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

Hi,
              I have a problem with a Time Controller's clock. It does not keep time correctly. Yesterday, it went off by 6 seconds. Sometimes, it may slow down even more.
              How can I change Time Controller parameters and use this tool for my class customwritingcompany.com assignments?

Comment

Working...
              X