Uh, very wierd pic with google earth...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheNightRider
    started a topic Uh, very wierd pic with google earth...

Uh, very wierd pic with google earth...

Well as I was going through my hometown I saw a small lake. When I zoomed in i saw something really wierd... Like an underwater city, or a reflection, or a schematic.. or I don't $@$%!@ know what it is...

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6911/untitledbu8.png

:o

• nlneilson
    replied
    It's an old thread, use the "Search" function in the forum to find something that is recent.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Very interesting thread.lol It's too bad I can no longer see the image! The link does not work anymore.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I dont know

I too have discovered this with every single clowd reflection. doesnnt make sence

Leave a comment:

• IHateWMA
    replied
    Theres the same sort of effect (but not as clear) on the lake up slightly and to the right (the larger one with the road through the middle)

Strange !!!

IHateWMA

Leave a comment:

• Bungleigh
    replied
    I agree, it is either a compression artifact, or some type of image corruption..

or Atlantis.

Leave a comment:

• nick
    replied
    Just in reply to the last unregistered post. No it is impossible for it to be a reflection of internal satellite circuitry. It is more likely an artifact of the compression processes that google has used on the imagery.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Actually I just noticed this same effect when looking randomly at a lake in Monterrey, Mexico.

Went googling for 'google earth computer chip' and found this.

Is it possible that circuitry of the satellite reflected on a lens is showing up in smooth watery areas?

Free satellite circuitboard secrets!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    oh my

I always thought Atlantis was located somewhere in the Bermuda triangle... guess not =)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Its all far to regular to be a calibration error, and it only effects the lake.
    I think the most likely explaination is that the part of the google earth software that meshes maps from different sources together has made an error somewhere.
    Either that or its a photoshop job.

Leave a comment:

• TheNightRider
    replied
    Spammers. :P

Leave a comment:

• TomServo
    replied
    <voice = "vader">I find your lack of pants.... disturbing.</voice>

Leave a comment:

• TheNightRider
    replied
    Yes, master Yoda.

Leave a comment:

• radhock
    replied
    Remember the Deathstar? We know not what we live on.

Leave a comment:

• TheNightRider
    replied
    Hehe, I like the idea about the chip..

Well I went there today... it was really foggy. There is lots of junk under there... lol. There were even ducks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X