Where is this new Mars water?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this new Mars water?

So the folks at NASA think they have pretty good evidence of water on the surface of mars within the last few years. Anyone know where these places actually are?

Here: worldwind://goto/world=Mars&lat=-38.41252&lon=96.79331&alt=756&dir=2.8&ti lt=0.7
    Use the OnMars add-on so you can clearly see it

Edit: second location worldwind://goto/world=Mars&lat=-36.22708&lon=-161.71889&alt=5776&dir=-10.9&tilt=1.3 (this bright material deposit isn't visible though)
    Last edited by m_k; 12-06-2006, 09:01 PM.
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Ah-ha.

I don't think they are from water anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by m_k
        (this bright material deposit isn't visible though)
        You can see it wery well

Comment

Are you talking about this one?

WW view:
          Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

You're right, I confused it with that drop-shaped something on the right.

Comment

Doh, I left the faucet running.

Comment

You have any idea how much water costs on Mars?!? Man.. you are gonna have one hell of a water bill

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

In seems like we are running out of water here on Earth, why else would we be looking for it elsewhere.

Comment

the assumption is, where there is water there may be life. where there is life there may be income. where there is income there WILL be taxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X