Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high resolution military hotspots (Lebanon, Iraq, Afghan.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high resolution military hotspots (Lebanon, Iraq, Afghan.)

Greetings all-

I'm working on a project that requires satellite imagery at some high resolution (5m/pixel or better) of southern Lebanon, the Iraqi border with Iran, and several spots around Afghanistan.

Google Earth has some nice imagery available of almost all these spots but that darn user agreement prevents me from doing anything beyond looking at it. Commerical imaging providers will sell me the images, but for $10 to $20 / sq km.

I therefore tried World Wind, but it appears the highest resolution it can do of these areas is 15m/pixel. So my question:

Does anyone on this board have any ideas for a more economical solution? Am I correct on my max World Wind resolution?

Thanks very much in advance for any thoughts or comments!!!

Unless you can find a local government who will release their imagery for free, the best you will get is the 15km/pixel from WW. If you want better than that then you have to pay someone for the data.

Comment

Can't you just buy the $400 Google Earth Pro version and use that data?

Comment

Charter a plane and fly over with a 10mp digital camera and a GPS....

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Working...
        X