Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apollo missons

Dear Reader,

I am aware of the arguments against, the fact that humans have been to the moon . My main concern, in this on going dicussion; is that no-one has come forward and told the public that the landing sites can be veiwed from earth (with the right kit) . We have Telescopes that can veiw out of our own beloved solar space and still nothing! Not even Hubble has been pointed towards the Mare Tranquillitatis (south of the Lamont creator) and taken that picture of absolute proof !

I understand that terrestrial based telescopes have a degrea of wobble in there observed subjects, but; I am aware that new Lazer projects have had results in calming the wobble affect in big privert terrestrail arraies .

In short can the landing sites be seen form earth using the proper kit . Because, if one was able to document the landing sites and publish those latertudes for all to see , I feel this would be the end of all doubt .

After all, machines can reflect lazers and pick up samples, but people walking now that leaves foot prints ; and if we can spy on people reading newspapers and sun bathing naked we (can) could spin one eighty and see the foot steps of giants .

I hope i am wrong, and this has already been done if so pleaes e-mail me at ^^^^

www.owen.thornton@ntlworld.com

:::::: ta ))))))

Dear Mr. Crazy McLoon,

Please take a geometry and/or an astronomy class and learn the technical details involved in looking at an object a few feet in size as far away as the moon vs. an object light years in size as far away as a distant galaxy.

Thank you for your attention,
    Erik

Comment

Nice idea, pretty hard to do though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
      Donate to support your community!
      Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
      Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Hubble can&#39;t see the lunar rover http://www.wonderquest.com/hubble.htm

BTW Yes, we can spy on people reading newspapers, but we can&#39;t read newspapers from Earth&#39;s orbit... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
        Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m_k &#064; Mar 18 2006, 08&#58;17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
          BTW Yes, we can spy on people reading newspapers, but we can&#39;t read newspapers from Earth&#39;s orbit... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
          That&#39;s only if the newspaper is large enough and if there aren&#39;t any clouds in the way. Besides, what would the point be of spying on people reading a newspaper, by the time the imagery was processed and the person was found in the image they&#39;d be done with newspaper and would have left to do something else.
          I don't spread the word, I spread the world!
          Road Map for World Wind development and release
          I do not know .Net or DirectX.

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withak &#064; Mar 17 2006, 11&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
            Dear Mr. Crazy McLoon,

Please take a geometry and/or an astronomy class and learn the technical details involved in looking at an object a few feet in size as far away as the moon vs. an object light years in size as far away as a distant galaxy.

Thank you for your attention,
            Erik
            [/b][/quote]

thanks for your observation . I said with the right kit , if College arays are to large and the home scope is to small , then there must be some middle ground . ie when the Smart 1 lunar mapper is launched in June/July
            maybe just maybe that can have to right perspective . (even through It may only scan in X-rays but hay wat do I know) All I&#39;m asking for is modden day pic&#39;s ; that can&#39;t be to much to ask .. Can it ??
            ..... Thankyou . 4 your point of veiw ...

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m_k &#064; Mar 18 2006, 05&#58;17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

BTW Yes, we can spy on people reading newspapers, but we can&#39;t read newspapers from Earth&#39;s orbit... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
              [/b][/quote]
              Ok the spy bit was to may films and not anouth fact I&#39;ll cheak my sourses more the spy bit was ment to surgest that we have the observational tek in place but as it has been pointed out it&#39;s dam near useless in this endever .
              p.s chill out dude

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m_k &#064; Mar 18 2006, 05&#58;17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
                Ok the spy bit was to may films and not anouth fact I&#39;ll cheak my sourses more the spy bit was ment to surgest that we have the observational tek in place but as it has been pointed out it&#39;s dam near useless in this endever . thanks for you time and effort in setting the record strait

Comment

Working...
                X