X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact crater

Lat: 6.539
    Lon: -1.381

This could be a fun game for kids.. give them cords and have them find the crater.

(Why no, my mom beaing a teacher for 54 years hasn't rubbed off on me and at times I think like a teacher :P)

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

There are quite a few impact craters, one of the biggest by far is the Barringer crater in Arizona. Latitude 35.02707 / Long -111.0218. The crater is so big it's easy to see from very far away. AFAIK it's 1,200kms accross.

Comment

Originally posted by retro7@Oct 13 2004, 09:09 PM
      AFAIK it's 1,200kms accross.
      1200 meters, not kilometers.

Comment

Supposedly.. their is one in michigan. topo would probably be the best way to locate.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo@Oct 13 2004, 08:39 AM
          Lat: 6.539
          Lon: -1.381

This could be a fun game for kids.. give them cords and have them find the crater.

(Why no, my mom beaing a teacher for 54 years hasn't rubbed off on me and at times I think like a teacher :P)
          yep. thanks for the game, and congrats for your mom ok

Comment

Originally posted by Nelsinho@Oct 17 2004, 02:59 PM
            yep. thanks for the game, and congrats for your mom ok
            hehe, thanks. She is retiring this year... finally.

Earth is Square blog

Comment

thanks for the crater location in arizona, it's really fun to look at with topo information working.

Comment

Working...
              X