Plane at Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane at Seattle

There is a plane lined up for takeoff at Seattle Intl that is missing a wing it looks like...

Lat:47.43159
    Lon:-122.3079

any ideas?

Originally posted by Biocide@Oct 11 2004, 01:02 PM
    There is a plane lined up for takeoff at Seattle Intl that is missing a wing it looks like...

Lat:47.43159
    Lon:-122.3079

any ideas?
    Probably at the edge of one of the photos. When the photo to the left or right was taken that plane wasn't there. (I'll admit I haven't looked it up however, maybe it's a uni-wing plane.)
    Llynix AT gmail.com
    -------
    Not working for NASA (Am for hire)
    Installer Maintainer
    FAQ Extrodinare
    Founder of World Wind Central :
    Wiki (and FAQ) * Chat * Hotspots * Geocoder
    and OneDittyADay

Comment

Originally posted by Llynix@Oct 11 2004, 02:25 PM
      Probably at the edge of one of the photos. When the photo to the left or right was taken that plane wasn't there. (I'll admit I haven't looked it up however, maybe it's a uni-wing plane.)

lol..that is what I was thinking...but such a clean cut.

I also questioned the smaller aircract taxiing onto the same runway a little ways up

Comment

I'm not really sure this is an airplane. What appears to be the port side wing may actually be part of an arrow painted in the ground telling pilots which way to go. I don't think it's an edge of an image because if you scroll a little north you'll see what a "clipped" aircraft looks like.

BTW, you can see better quality images if you switch to "urban imagery"
        Attached Files

Comment

I can't think of any known runway marking that would look like that - especially not in the threshold area. Directional indicators aren't painted onto runways (because they would be very difficult to read from the cockpit) - they're placed on signage next to the runway.

Comment

and beside of that that there are no runways with arrows painted like that. I cant think of an airport with huge passenger jets taxing on a gravel road.... it seems to me that this picture is taken between two stages of building processes of a new runway with taxiway.

Cheers Schuk

Comment

Working...
            X