Nazca Lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazca Lines

Hi all, I just wondered if any of you guys know the coordinates of the nazca lines?
    I've been trying to find them for a long period now soo i would be thankfull if you could send the coordinates, thanks.

I tried to locate them once using some maps, but couldn't see any lines. They may not be visible on the Landsat images. It's possible that I had the wrong location though.

Comment

Originally posted by withak@Jun 16 2005, 12:50 PM
      I tried to locate them once using some maps, but couldn't see any lines. They may not be visible on the Landsat images. It's possible that I had the wrong location though.
      Hey pals

I've found the Nazca desert following the coordinates I found on Internet, but the resolution of Landsat doesn't allow to see the imagery:

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=-15.15807&lon=-75.19880&alt=13208

Look this site, it shows where lines are (look at the illustration): Nazca lines
      ________________________________________ _________
      Best regards

Jaimera
      Sorocaba-SP-Brazil

Comment

I think we need better resolution on the images to actually see the lines but thanks anyway.

Comment

Check the hotspots at http://www.worldwindcentral.com/ the OnEarth LandSat you could make out some detail.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaimera@Jun 16 2005, 06:06 PM
            Hey pals

I've found the Nazca desert following the coordinates I found on Internet, but the resolution of Landsat doesn't allow to see the imagery:

Look this site, it shows where lines are (look at the illustration): Nazca lines
            According to wikipedia
            it seem to be exactly here nasca line, it is near city that cite in different article.
            Attached Files

Comment

OK pals

Sorry for giving wrong coordinates.

My mistake, sorry again.
              Best regards

Jaimera
              Sorocaba-SP-Brazil

Comment

ok guys ive looked at these coordinates

and im sure that its the nazca line area but i think we need plane photos to see the line art.

Comment

Pals

I have a clue about where Nazca lines are:

Nazca from space
                  Best regards

Jaimera
                  Sorocaba-SP-Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Jaimera@Jun 16 2005, 09:58 PM
                    Pals

I have a clue about where Nazca lines are:

Nazca from space
                    Interesting, Jaimera.
                    But that confirms that the Nazca lines can't be seen from space.
                    \'user

United in diversity

Comment

All right, nice find! With this, it's easy to find the lines, but I doubt NLT is good enough for seeing them. With the reprocessing, it'll eventually be good enough.
                      Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
                      Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
                      Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Yes to see the lines you need to be at plane level, its impossible to see them from space. Anyway thanks guys for trying to find them.

Comment

Them Co-ords did not work 4 me, I did find the Lines but I found them at these co-ord.

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=-14.711943&lon=-75.175670&alt=0.267733

or

S 14 42'42 at W 75 10'33

Comment

Originally posted by Xiorc@Jun 17 2005, 02:16 AM
                            Them Co-ords did not work 4 me, I did find the Lines but I found them at these co-ord.

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=-14.711943&lon=-75.175670&alt=0.267733

or

S 14 42'42 at W 75 10'33
                            You're right, Xiorc. These are the coordinates of Nazca Lines. Other coordinates are bad ones
                            \'user

United in diversity

Comment

Where are the drawings at?

Comment

Working...
                              X