Naval bases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval bases

Does the ortho imagery cover urban centres only? If yes then I would be glad enough to see some carriers with USGS 1m, but havent found any large naval bases.

Originally posted by Eokboy@Oct 6 2004, 06:47 AM
    Does the ortho imagery cover urban centres only? If yes then I would be glad enough to see some carriers with USGS 1m, but havent found any large naval bases.
    Long Beach Naval Shipyard (historical):
    Lat: 33.7519
    Long: -118.2253

There seems to be one there, but I doubt it's still in active duty as the shipyard seems to have closed in 1997.

Newport News, Virginia:
    Lat: 36.98009
    Long: -76.438

I think this could be USS Ronald Reagan under construction. Or I could be completely wrong. Anyway...

Comment

Try looking at Norfolk,VA as this has several Carriers sitting at Pine Beach....

Comment

Originally posted by Guest@Oct 7 2004, 01:08 PM
        Try looking at Norfolk,VA as this has several Carriers sitting at Pine Beach....

Some more at Charleston, WA with what could be some berthed submarines but can't be sure

Comment

There's urban imagery (.25 meter) of Naval Station Everett at 47.98, -122.22. I believe that's the carrier USS Lincoln docked. You can switch over to the 1 meter maps to see the piers still under construction. Also in the area, but only in 1 meter is Naval Station Bremerton at 47.55, -122.64, looks like theres an entire armada docked there. And SUBASE Bangor (47.74, -122.73) which shows a sub in drydock.

Comment

Thx

Comment

If anyone wants to upload screenshots and info about these places, feel free to go to:

http://worldwind.phonecampix.net/

Llynix and I have been working on a site to catalog such "interesting" items.
              davidmays.com
              EasyImageHost.net
              World Wind Hotspot Database

Comment

The USS Kittyhawk is clearly visable at the Coranado Naval base in San Diego.

Lat: 3270516
                Lon: -117.1847

T. Ashton

Comment

You can see USS Intrepid docked for centuries on the west side of Manhatten

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=40.76508&lon=-74.00042&alt=1010

Comment

Are those carriers at Honolulu?

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=21.38163&lon=-157.98849&alt=5099&dir=-31.3&tilt=0.6

Seems there is no USGS data for this base.
                    CATXDOG - 4 cat & dog lovers : TRESNJEVKA

Comment

here ya go mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X