This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldwindcentral.com

We are community-run and recieve no funding from anyone other than your donations.

We provide www.worldwindcentral.com, the community Wiki/Hotspots/Support site as well as lots of high-resolution images through the ZoomIt&#33; plugin. This is now included in 1.3.4, and it&#39;s all thanks to your donations which built up our processing cluster&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

The areas currently available from it are

* Robben Island (ZA) - 0.5 meter natural-color mosaic
    * Florida State (US) - 1 meter natural-color mosaic from 2004
    * Indiana State (US) - 1 meter natural-color mosaic from 2003 National Agriculture Imagery Program
    * Nassau County (US, NY) - 0.15 meter natural-color mosaic from 2004 New York State Digital Orthoimagery Program
    * Various areas of New York State (US) - 0.3 meter natural-color mosaic from 2002 and 2003 New York State Digital Orthoimagery Program
    * Massachusetts State (US) - 0.5 meter natural-color mosaic from 2001 and 2003

We&#39;ve got much more planned, but to keep running and expand, we need your continued support.

Please see this topic for more information:

http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/...showtopic=5563

Or go directly to this page to donate:

http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/Donations

Thankyou&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

- www.worldwindcentral.com
    - www.freeearthfoundationc.om
    Donate to support your community!
    Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
    Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

No need to apologise for begging, you really shouldn&#39;t need to beg, the amount of things World Wind Central gives to us World Wind users is amazing, and I feel a bit disappointed that out of the thousands of people who are using this product so few donate.

So please people donate, even if it is just &#036;1, if you don&#39;t the people who run WWC are going to have to resort to banner ads and pop-ups which they really don&#39;t want to do.

Also please note NASA provides WWC with no monetary or other support, they are on their own.
    Bull_[UK]

Comment

Somehow it baffles me that Nasa has not enough money for WorldWind... oh well i guess the current US administration is even discouraging such effort because you didnt make the earth flat - and you start at lat/lon zero which is closer to africa than north america. Silly you&#33;

Here is my 50 &#39;old&#39; euro

Great work all of you &#33; I hope you can keep WW rolling.

Comment

Pst.. worldwindcentral &#33;= NASA

WWC is a community driven site that gets &#036;0 from the US government. If we did.. we wouldn&#39;t be asking for donations

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

thanks Anne O&#39;nime, I would just like to point out that although worldwindcentral provides a lot of the data that you see in World Wind, it is not part of NASA, it is purely run by people who love the program and give their time (unpaid) to help users get more out of their World Wind experience.
          Bull_[UK]

Comment

Hey&#33; Whatever&#33;
            You are ALL doing a great job,
            and I&#39;m glad to help this wonderful project.

Keep going

Comment

Thankyou very much&#33;
              Donate to support your community!
              Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
              Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Working...
              X