X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salt mine

Hi
    most of the salt we eat in France come from here:

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=48.65229&lon=6.25437&alt =7757&dir=0.4&tilt=7.7

I leave in the city nearby (Nancy)

(Bernard, tu peux me corriger la grammaire en mp si je merdouille trop stp )

Originally posted by x-ben@May 21 2005, 08:19 PM
    Hi
    most of the salt we eat in France come from here:

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=48.65229&lon=6.25437&alt =7757&dir=0.4&tilt=7.7

I leave in the city nearby (Nancy)

(Bernard, tu peux me corriger la grammaire en mp si je merdouille trop stp )

The same, in Landsat visible, with a better definition : [attachmentid=776]
    \'user

United in diversity

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Laguerre@May 21 2005, 11:50 AM
      The same, in Landsat visible, with a better definition : [attachmentid=776]
      There are similar things in San Francisco Bay, that you can see really well with the high resolution urban aeials.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Fox@May 22 2005, 06:07 AM
        There are similar things in San Francisco Bay, that you can see really well with the high resolution urban aeials.
        Matt
        ... I don't think it's the same thing. X-ben means salt mines and earth salt. You probably mean les "marais salants" (I don't know the english term), these great fields, near the sea, which are full of sea water which evaporates to let sea salt.
        \'user

United in diversity

Comment

Here is the salt we eat in colombia and south america,

salt mine in the Guajira´s desert

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=11.73883&lon=-72.55753&alt=21208&dir=-16.3&tilt=0.9

and

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=12.01732&lon=-72.16987&alt=23721&dir=-73.2

one of the biggest salt mines in the world

related image

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Laguerre@May 25 2005, 07:59 PM
            ... I don't think it's the same thing. X-ben means salt mines and earth salt. You probably mean les "marais salants" (I don't know the english term), these great fields, near the sea, which are full of sea water which evaporates to let sea salt.
            Hmm, I don't know that we have such an English Term. in Utah, there's the Great Salt Lake, and there's the Dead Sea, but I can't come up with any term. :huh:
            Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
            Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
            Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Laguerre@May 25 2005, 08:59 PM
              Yes, sorry, the photo looked like an evaporation pond. The ones in San Francisco get salt from the ocean. There are many salt mines in the US also, but they are mostly underground so hard to see

Matt

Comment

yes matt ;o)
                mine is not near the sea

Comment

need help!!

okay where are the major salt mines and what precent of salt are exported from that place compared to the other places!!!??

Comment

These place are where salt is made from sea

I'm Japanease person.
                    may be,These place are where workers make a lot of salt from sea,
                    on business.
                    In Japan,these are a lot of place like these.

Comment

Here is some great info on the major salt mines in Michigan http://www.geo.msu.edu/geogmich/saltminingM.html

Comment

Any discussion of salt should include the Bonneville Salt Flats, a remnant of a Pleistocene Era lake. It covers 30,000 acres west of the Great Salt Lake in Utah and has shown up in numerous movies not to mention it is the home of the Bonneville Speedway where most of the world land speed records are set.

Comment

Even though I live in an island with sea surrounding us, all the salt is imported. In the beginning of the last century however they had salt pans to extract salt.

Comment

Working...
                          X