What the....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the....

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=31.26606&lon=-103.24615&alt=6864&dir=-1.0&tilt=0.8

Looks like a big circular canal (obviously man made) but it appears to have what look like test tracks inside of the canal. It's HUGE. It fills my screen at an altitude of a tad less than 7000 METERS!

Some parts of the "test tracks" inside the big canal look for all the world like they have trains of some kind on them. I'm stumped. Anyone that lives around Pecos, Texas have any ideas?

Switch to Topo Maps and you'll see "Automotive Proving Ground"
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

I "think" that one is General Motors.

Earth is Square blog

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

Comment

The Answer is...

Remember the SUPERCONDUCTING SUPER COLLIDER project? This is it.

Comment

Two other automotive test tracks are:
          Honda 35.272, -117.960
          Hyundai/Kia 35.057, -118.035, ww's images are not updated for this one but they are in GE's.
          Neil
          http://www.nlneilson.com

Comment

If it's an automotive test track then I'm sure they don't want any Super Colliding. lol

Comment

I have seen effect like this on THEMIS imagery taken from an airplane. the camera would scan across the image area recording the data. as it reaches the nd of each scan it looks at a calibration image at the edge of the camera device, then scoots back for the next scan. With this method sometimes diferent horizonal lines would come out with different brightne values.

it only appears in the lake because the lake is so much darker and of even brightness values than the rest of the terrain.

Comment

Working...
              X