Strange Building in San Diego

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Building in San Diego

Take a look at the strange building in San Diego. It is on the Naval Amphibious Base on the peninsula just south east of Coronado. The building is in the perfect shape of a Swastika. The coordinates are : worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=32.67604&lon=-117.15753&alt=2035

This is a bizarre shape to see anywhere, but on a US military base. What were they thinking?
    Attached Files

Swastika? Where???

Comment

Originally posted by dictatorusa@Apr 19 2005, 09:35 AM
      Swastika? Where???
      Just under the cross, in the middle of image
      \'user

United in diversity

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Laguerre@Apr 18 2005, 11:51 PM
        Just under the cross, in the middle of image

oh,I see it .Maybe they want to be Nazi.

Comment

It's a pretty good shape for a building, it leaves lots of windows and courtyards.

Comment

And also, before the Nazis used the swastika, it had a completely different meaning. Don't remember right now what it was but it was a positive thing.

So don't judge them too harshly eh?

Comment

The History of the Swastika

The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.

Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.

http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/...tikahistory.htm
              My Web Page with WW Add-ons and Add-ons Index

Comment

so this is it?

no more info?

i am still wondering:

architect?

time of construction (after WW2??)?

meaning? <-- this is not coincidence&#33;

greets and hope for some answers. thanks for anybody posting anything about this structure (if you want to read about swastikas in general type that in in google and you´ll get plenty..)

thanks.

Comment

Kind of looks like barracks.
                  http://www.skypic.com/sand/4-6524.jpg

Comment

Well, it&#39;s been spotted by someone else somehow: The Register - Google tracks Hitler to San Diego (that site is firmly tongue in cheek :P).

"The Seal&#39;s Lair", Bougainville Road, US Navy Exchange, San Diego, aparrently.

Comment

And for more detail...(Google Earth Rocks&#33; BTW&#33;&#33;&#33

I am pretty sure these are the SEAL barracks at the San Diego Naval Base. Here is a shot of the barracks at just under a 1000 ft up.

http://members.cox.net/crossbow777/images/...s_san_diego.jpg

The buildings aren&#39;t connected in the center as it appears to be a courtyard meeting type space. Still, the overall shape from further up does look more Swastika like.

Now, how come I can&#39;t find the Nazca Lines on this thing?&#33;

Comment

Why i cant see? the roof/building? all i can see is this..

Comment

Turn on the toolbar (Ctrl+T I think) and click the USGS Urban Ortho button.
                          Donate to support your community!
                          Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
                          Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Originally posted by Lamborghini@Jul 31 2005, 06:02 PM
                            What this has to be with NAZI, can anybody explain it to me?
                            The Nazis used a Swasticker as their logo, which is the same shape (or, very similar to) the building mentioned in this thread.
                            Donate to support your community!
                            Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
                            Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Originally posted by Lamborghini@Jul 31 2005, 10:02 AM
                              What this has to be with NAZI, can anybody explain it to me?
                              Make it short, I don&#39;t have time to read it all, move on...

---

Bang&#33; Bang&#33; Looks like 4 guns to me&#33;

In ancient times, the Swastika turned toward the RIGHT which made it pure representing light, good luck, spirituality, etc. The Nazis just took it and turned it to the LEFT which represents Evil, darkness, and death. Hitler imposed this symbol in honor to the THULE Society, which is the hidden society who originally sponsored Hitler&#39;s agenda and taught him the ways of the dark practices of that occult.

Get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X