This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the Area 51

Look here, there is in the center of the image, the Area 51, like in the russian satellites. It doesn't appear in the United States maps. Here is my photo:

Bye all!

Originally posted by Falwerth@Apr 18 2005, 09:17 PM
    Look here, there is in the center of the image, the Area 51, like in the russian satellites. It doesn't appear in the United States maps. Here is my photo:
    What have you done?! It's top secret... Now CIA, FBI and MIB are knocking on your doors.
    :P

(Serious: we know that)
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

Switch to the topography maps and zoom in, they're great fun
      Donate to support your community!
      Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!

Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
      Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

Comment

Does anyone know how to find this using Google Maps-sorry,dont hav the memory to download WW to my PC...........yet hehe
        Cheers

Comment

found it!
          Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
          Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
          Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Cheers ! ! One problem though-am I being a total retard or is it supposed to be that big white blob?if so,how can u be sure it's "Area 51" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 19 2005, 02:20 PM
              Cheers ! ! One problem though-am I being a total retard or is it supposed to be that big white blob?if so,how can u be sure it's "Area 51" ?
              the same thing happens at guantanamo bay,cuba

Comment

Not really! Before you all get carried away with conspiracy theories (or little green aliens) you should realize that the white blob at area 51 is simply the dry lake bed of Groom Lake, noone is blotting out areas of the map. It does appear on US maps. The high contrast in the processed data and lack of detail just make it look featureless (which the dry lake bed pretty much is). Here is an aerial photo of a portion of the area:
                http://www.lasvegasnow.com/area51/Area51-072503-LG.jpg

And here is a photo of a portion of Guantanamo Bay, some of the white buildings (which make great sense in that climate) that look featureless in WW can be seen (and remember that your detail level pretty much stops at 10000 meters, it's all blurry below that anyway):
                http://www.sypris.com/library/images/MVC-100S-4.jpg

Of course it is more satisfying for some to imagine all sorts of nefarious things going on. BTW, we are monitoring the computer usage (not to mention the phone lines) of everyone in this thread... :o

Originally posted by canipanic@Apr 19 2005, 06:21 PM
                the same thing happens at guantanamo bay,cuba

Comment

Originally posted by Tim@Apr 19 2005, 05:33 PM
                  Not really! Before you all get carried away with conspiracy theories (or little green aliens) you should realize that the white blob at area 51 is simply the dry lake bed of Groom Lake, noone is blotting out areas of the map. It does appear on US maps. The high contrast in the processed data and lack of detail just make it look featureless (which the dry lake bed pretty much is). Here is an aerial photo of a portion of the area:
                  http://www.lasvegasnow.com/area51/Area51-072503-LG.jpg

And here is a photo of a portion of Guantanamo Bay, some of the white buildings (which make great sense in that climate) that look featureless in WW can be seen (and remember that your detail level pretty much stops at 10000 meters, it's all blurry below that anyway):
                  http://www.sypris.com/library/images/MVC-100S-4.jpg

Of course it is more satisfying for some to imagine all sorts of nefarious things going on. BTW, we are monitoring the computer usage (not to mention the phone lines) of everyone in this thread... :o

WOW ! ! And who exactly are these "we" that are monitoring us?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 20 2005, 10:45 AM
                    WOW ! ! And who exactly are these "we" that are monitoring us?
                    Don't be so paranoid, just sit back and enjoy WW, just ignore the little periodic beeping sounds and the clicks on the telephone line, and the occasional laser flashes. Or you can probably block it all out with a tinfoil hat.
                    B)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim@Apr 20 2005, 10:54 AM
                      Don't be so paranoid, just sit back and enjoy WW, just ignore the little periodic beeping sounds and the clicks on the telephone line, and the occasional laser flashes. Or you can probably block it all out with a tinfoil hat.
                      B)

Wasnt being paranoid-sarcastic was the effect i was going for but obviously you're great mind was too busy keeping tabs on people's computer usage (not to mention the phone lines) than learning basic skills like being able to pick up on very basic,obvious sarcasm.Haha-loser

Comment

At the risk of being accused in engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, all I can say is you are definitely sarcasm-challenged and perhaps could benefit greatly from some classes in it...or maybe not. :P

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 20 2005, 04:52 PM
                        Wasnt being paranoid-sarcastic was the effect i was going for but obviously you're great mind was too busy keeping tabs on people's computer usage (not to mention the phone lines) than learning basic skills like being able to pick up on very basic,obvious sarcasm.Haha-loser

Comment

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 20 2005, 01:52 PM
                          Sarcasm is kind of difficult through text...
                          Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
                          Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
                          Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Originally posted by Tim@Apr 20 2005, 02:59 PM
                            At the risk of being accused in engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, all I can say is you are definitely sarcasm-challenged and perhaps could benefit greatly from some classes in it...or maybe not. :P

Well you're identity crisis that i suspected you were going through after claiming you were monitoring people's computer's and phone lines (i.e ooh look at me,i'll register on a forum site and pretend to be this big powerful all seeing all knowing great mind) has became even more apparant through the fact that you seem to think you have wit ! You then continued to further validate my point by making a joke at the end that a 10 year old would understand displaying no more wit than that of the average monkey ! ! Have fun finding out how brainy you are'nt and how pointless and powerless you are when it comes to monitoring people u loser. Next time try not to bite off more than you can chew-ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE POSTING ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by 5of0@Apr 20 2005, 03:38 PM
                              Sarcasm is kind of difficult through text...

True but I thought someone with the brain power that Tim seems to think he has would be able to figure it out ! !

Comment

Working...
                              X