Interesting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 13 2005, 11:02 AM
    But: if you look closely at your original post, you see a difference in color resolution between the image you created and the one you originally posted! If you do not believe, try to convert the RGB-images into├é┬* HSI-images and have a look at the H- or S-channel only. You should see difference in the high frequency content of the images....
    I think i get it...
    TomServo was right - it's layer blending.
    We don't get psychedelic colors and after splitting to HSL we have same effect with channels (saturation looks more detailed)...

Left: combined from HSL
    Right: layers blending
    [attachmentid=562]
    (Colors from NLT Landsat)
    Hot stuff: FAQ, forum search, DirectX, .NET, Video Card Compatibility list

Comment

I managed to do this in GIMP (www.gimp.org):
      1. Open the two files (USGS and LandSat)
      2. Go to the USGS. Click "Image->Mode->Decompose". Select "HSV"
      3. This will create a new window with an image in it. Close the original window.
      4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 on LandSat.
      5. Switch to USGS. Click Edit->Copy
      6. Back to LandSat. Edit->Paste
      7. In the Layer Manager, right-click on the pasted layer and click "New Layer."
      8. Select the "Value" layer and click the trashcan on the lower-right to delete it.
      9. Right-click on the new, untitled layer and click "Edit Attributes". Rename it "Value"
      10. Click "Image->Compose"
      11. Select the "HSV" radio button and choose the correct layer for each (Hue for Hue, Saturation for Saturation, Value for Value.)

If everything went well, you should have a new, colored and detailed picture.
      Go GIMP.
      Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
      Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
      Then check the Video Card Compatibility List

Comment

Originally posted by m_k@Apr 13 2005, 03:20 AM
        I think i get it...
        TomServo was right - it's layer blending.
        so, we won't never have the "Layer Blending Plugin" ?
        :(

just to stop all the crap about GE having higher res imagery. and for the beauty of it of course.

Comment

here is a raw screen shot from the Google Earth program (just like world wind).

Comment

Working...
          X