Center, Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center, Colorado

If anyone can say for 100% certain what are the numerable circular structures surrounding the town of Center CO, and other nearby towns, you'd settle an agument I'm having. Thanks!

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=37.75219&lon=-106.11176&alt=27139

(they show up particularly well in the USGS 1m Ortho dataset).

Originally posted by iaint@Apr 9 2005, 02:12 PM
    If anyone can say for 100% certain what are the numerable circular structures surrounding the town of Center CO, and other nearby towns, you'd settle an agument I'm having. Thanks!

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=37.75219&lon=-106.11176&alt=27139

(they show up particularly well in the USGS 1m Ortho dataset).
    Circular irrigation. See previous topic on this, concerning comparable structures in Lybia. Or use Google . Steven

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/forums/index...?showtopic=1950

Comment

There are definately circular structures but they are nothing more than irrigation circles. You can even see the irrigation equipment in some of the circles. We also have these in Kansas but the are not as well contrasted as these in Colorado.

Comment

Thanks all! We don't have anything of this sort in the UK (we get more than enough rainfall not to need artificial irrigation&#33 so it was all a bit mysterious.

I did try Googling but unfortunately "Center Colorado" and similar is just a bit too generic to return any meaningful results.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by iaint@Apr 10 2005, 10:26 AM
          Thanks all! We don't have anything of this sort in the UK (we get more than enough rainfall not to need artificial irrigation&#33 so it was all a bit mysterious.

I did try Googling but unfortunately "Center Colorado" and similar is just a bit too generic to return any meaningful results.

Thanks again

Here is close up:

Here is on Google Maps

And here you can see some circular irrigation equipment real close.
          CATXDOG - 4 cat & dog lovers : TRESNJEVKA

Comment

Working...
          X