Announcement

Collapse

WorldWind project shut down, this site probably will be too.

Hello all,

With the recent announcement that the NASA World Wind project has been shut down (https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/news/...ension-notice/) there is really very little reason to continue running this forum, and as NASA staff were providing most of the moderation and responses it will likely fill up with spam shortly.

Unless something changes in the near future, I will be shutting down worldwindcentral.com as well as this forum, as it is no longer useful. Most of the data on WWC is referencing the legacy C# version of World Wind anyway.

Thanks,
Matt.
See more
See less

Weird spots in Libya

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weird spots in Libya

    Check out this weirdest place in Libya, south eats of Baladiyat Ajdabiya.
    Latitude=27.36788
    Longitude=21.97911
    Altitude=148780

    If anyone has any idead, reply to this topic! Please!!!
    I am really spooked by this! :lol:

    here is a link for hotspot: http://www.worldwindcentral.com/hotspots/v...spot.php?id=673

  • #2
    They're crop circles, with irrigration from a central arm which rotates round.

    I guess the black ones are just underexposed.
    Donate to support your community!
    Please donate if you can - every donation helps improve World Wind

    World Wind Central - FAQs, Hotspots, Wiki and more...READ before posting!


    Need to upload files? Use my free 50Mb uploader!
    Or, how about some web hosting or web design?

    Comment


    • #3
      Beansprout beat me to it, I see in the search. Check out this topic.
      Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
      Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

      Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
      Then check the Video Card Compatibility List


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheBeansprout@Mar 24 2005, 09:03 AM
        They're crop circles, with irrigration from a central arm which rotates round.

        I guess the black ones are just underexposed.
        Irrigation in a middle of a desert???
        In sahara desert?????
        No chance I say.
        It maybe looks like a scientific test.

        Comment


        • #5
          They are also seen on other 2 sattelite cameras:
          Community Landsat 7 (Visible Color)
          &
          Community Landsat 7 (Pseudo Color)

          So I think it's not a technical problem.

          Comment


          • #6
            check out this:
            http://www.water-technology.net/projects/gmr/index.html

            Comment


            • #7
              more infomations:
              http://www.galenfrysinger.com/man_made_river_libya.htm

              Comment


              • #9
                Irrigation ?

                I guess it's petrol and oil exploitation
                \'user

                United in diversity

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Guest@Mar 24 2005, 09:10 AM
                  Irrigation in a middle of a desert???
                  In sahara desert?????
                  No chance I say.
                  It maybe looks like a scientific test.
                  What does being in the middle of the desert have to do with it. If you have water you can easily have crops. They just need to use an incredibly huge amount of water to keep everything from dieing, and a huge amoint of time removing the sand that is always being blown towards the crops. Whether you believe it or not, it is being done and that is what is being shown in the photos.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    I confirm that these are irrigated crops. Lybia has developped it a few decades ago. It consists of a circular where water is poured by a a ray which turns (thats why its circular and not a square for example). It doesnt mean that its lybia that ...

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Guest@Mar 26 2005, 10:52 AM
                      I confirm that these are irrigated crops. Lybia has developped it a few decades ago. It consists of a circular where water is poured by a a ray which turns (thats why its circular and not a square for example). It doesnt mean that its lybia that ...
                      I think irrigated crops can't be seen on Landsat7 image.The diameter must over 1KM.
                      I guess they are reservoirs.

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        You can. Easy way to find out.. in 1.3.1 press "m" and use the measuring tool.


                        Earth is Square blog

                        PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this forum post, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by edge@Mar 25 2005, 08:00 PM
                          I think irrigated crops can't be seen on Landsat7 image.The diameter must over 1KM.
                          I guess they are reservoirs.
                          I've seen circular irrigated crops that are 5-10 Km in diameter here in Canada, so 1Km is pretty small. Why do people have such a hard time belieiving this is possible? Maybe you live in a city and have never been out to see a farm?

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Guest@Mar 30 2005, 07:44 AM
                            I've seen circular irrigated crops that are 5-10 Km in diameter here in Canada, so 1Km is pretty small. Why do people have such a hard time belieiving this is possible? Maybe you live in a city and have never been out to see a farm?
                            Having them in the desert makes perfect, if not more than perfect sense.
                            The pivot irrigation is a way to make stuff grow where it would be impossible to grow otherwise by keeping it constantly waterfied.
                            The middle of the desert is a prime spot for this stuff to be used.
                            Note: The above statement is probably an educated guess, derived from much forum reading, IRC chatting, general curiosity, etc. Use at your own risk.
                            Before asking, check the FAQ or search, and Ask a good question.

                            Having problems? Make sure you have Managed DirectX and .NET Framework.
                            Then check the Video Card Compatibility List


                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X