Announcement

Collapse

WorldWind project shut down, this site probably will be too.

Hello all,

With the recent announcement that the NASA World Wind project has been shut down (https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/news/...ension-notice/) there is really very little reason to continue running this forum, and as NASA staff were providing most of the moderation and responses it will likely fill up with spam shortly.

Unless something changes in the near future, I will be shutting down worldwindcentral.com as well as this forum, as it is no longer useful. Most of the data on WWC is referencing the legacy C# version of World Wind anyway.

Thanks,
Matt.
See more
See less

Weird spots in Libya

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw theese from the plane, on my way from europe to ghana. was quite funny to see a pile of green circles in the middle of the yellowish desert stretching from one horizon to the other

Comment

I cant believe there are people out there who have never seen or even heard of mechanical irrigation!
      This is helarious. It's like me not knowing of or even believing the exsistance of places that dont require irrigation. dont you people travel? I live near Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) and where I live, it is near impossible to farm without irrigation. This is how it is for several states in the U.S. (parts of oregon, washington, idaho, utah, nevada, colorado, new mexico and arizona) It used to be the sprinklers were long linear pipes on wheels that you moved about your field every day or so. But starting about 10 years back, these circular rotating sprinklers became the norm. Everyone who can afford them, gets them now because you dont have to hire people to come "move your pipe" each cycle. the cirular systems are fully automated.
      As for the water, the only time you use the circular irigation systems is when you dont have access to surface water. Anywhere ditches and canals can be built here in the west there are used, but often that is not an option so a well is drilled (not dug... this isnt the stone age) and a pipe and pump is placed into the bore hole to suck water out of the aquifers. (the aquifers are often called "underground lakes" but they are not. It is subsurface water that moves through the pore spaces of the subsurface strata. The more porus the strata, and plentiful the source [usually the mountains] the better and more "productive" the aquifer. And yes, even the sahara has lots of aquifers.. which are sometimes subsurface strata containing water that has been in the strata since the last ice age... the water can be carbon dated to determine its age and recharge rates)
      Anyway here are some other locations of crop circles that I have personally driven by, so I can verify that they are indeed crops and not resovoirs or alien landing pads, or secret subsurface government buildings used to plot future world takeovers.

worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=37.75094&lon=-113.64814&alt=56449&dir=-43.8
      worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=38.43071&lon=-112.91270&alt=78759&dir=23.1&tilt=7.8
      worldwind://goto/world=Earth&lat=36.63540&lon=-108.19458&alt=87021&dir=23.1&tilt=7.8

Comment

oh yea.... I almost forgot...

concerning the original post

"check out this weirdest place in Libya, south eats of Baladiyat Ajdabiya.
        Latitude=27.36788
        Longitude=21.97911
        Altitude=148780

If anyone has any idead, reply to this topic! Please!!!
        I am really spooked by this! laugh.gif"

.... these do not look at all like crop circles, they do look more like water. I am a geologist and I do not think there is any reason in petroleum exploration to make resovoirs like this, even to fraq the wells and such..

My guess would be some sort of mining operation perhaps where they nead evaporate ponds or settling ponds. This is common in mining... but the settling ponds are ussually not circular. ..... Notice how many of the ponds are empty.. this makes me think a settling pond or chemical mining operation of some sort even more so.

Comment

Mining operations? My wife has imformed me that I am an idiot.. And I think I'll have to agree. the cirles totally look blue under community landsat (visible color), but so does lot of farmland along the nile. Under psuedo color, you can tell the circles are green..... definately crop circles when compared with other known regions

Comment

There is no way these are oil tanks, that would mean destroying huge amount of oil by sand. Oil tanks must be erected high to protect oil from sand, and there usually are pipelines. I already posted more detailed image in this topic

http://forum.worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/...showtopic=3914

It can be seen that they aren't always successful, some of the pivots are destroyed by sand. They must be huge because it's much easier to clear them from sand, then small one which takes sand one hour to destroy. And also that water can be used for artificial river they are still building.
            Why are the people always try to find some conspiracy? Most of those strange images are just agricultural projects. They can look unusual, but that doesn't make them "TOP SECRET"
            CATXDOG - 4 cat & dog lovers : TRESNJEVKA

Comment

because people are people, some are more suspicious than others but still they are people. and too much television doesn't help. X-Files anyone?

Comment

Hi there,
                What you see are no irrigated crop circles no matter how they look on your sat image. Just read the urls "edge" has posted where it is allready explained in detail.
                No need for speculation.
                What you see are artifical lakes for the Lybian "manmade river" project. Just read
                the websites and look at the images "edge" posted. Here is another url.
                http://www.unesco.org/courier/2000_0...anete/txt1.htm
                And seriously.. who would place his cornfields with an offset of 2km

Comment

Originally posted by deranger@Aug 1 2005, 07:02 AM
                  Hi there,
                  What you see are no irrigated crop circles no matter how they look on your sat image. Just read the urls "edge" has posted where it is allready explained in detail.
                  No need for speculation.
                  What you see are artifical lakes for the Lybian "manmade river" project. Just read
                  the websites and look at the images "edge" posted. Here is another url.
                  http://www.unesco.org/courier/2000_0...anete/txt1.htm
                  And seriously.. who would place his cornfields with an offset of 2km

Well, Live Science dont aggree with you... they say its a agriculturalproject. And if you take a look at for example Google Earth you will clearly se that the circles are green and not water.

http://www.livescience.com/imageofth...od_041116.html

Comment

ok

you are all goverment agents (majestic12 :-)) ) trying to cover up the uncovered.
                    The circles mentioned above are the result of ufo landings. yes, the sand can be burnt! :-)) maybe they left something at earth and stopped by to get it, its not bad, admit it, we are not alone! it is obvious!

Comment

I noticed that if you look at the Blue marble imagery of those circles they location is green with vegetation.

Comment

Originally posted by shiriru@Mar 24 2005, 09:01 AM
                        Check out this weirdest place in Libya, south eats of Baladiyat Ajdabiya.
                        Latitude=27.36788
                        Longitude=21.97911
                        Altitude=148780

If anyone has any idead, reply to this topic! Please!!!
                        I am really spooked by this! :lol:

here is a link for hotspot: http://www.worldwindcentral.com/hotspots/v...spot.php?id=673

Comment

Originally posted by npcinc@Feb 1 2006, 11:47 AM

These are neither crop circles or "irrigation" circles. If you look and think, you'll see that. Strangely enough, there's a ton of those "irrigation" circles around area 51. Whatever, you know the government is going to deny it anyway, and there's a ton of speculation as to what they actually are. Come up with whatever explanation you want, but it's much more likely that it's simply a blotted out area on every satellite image that has resolution fine enough to see the details. Do you think every image put on a public website is the actual undoctored picture? If so, we might as well just put a "nuke here" sign on every pixel of strategic importance.

Comment

Irrigation Circles! Definitely! Why is that so hard to believe?
                            http://www.garnichts.net

Comment

Yeah man, you totally figured it out. The US government is definitely hiding something extremely large and circular and of strategic importance out in the open in the middle of the Libian desert.

Comment

hiding?

Originally posted by withak View Post
                                Yeah man, you totally figured it out. The US government is definitely hiding something extremely large and circular and of strategic importance out in the open in the middle of the Libian desert.
                                thats the dumbest thing ive heard, how do you hide by giving imagery of you "secret project" to the whole world?

Comment

Working...
                                X